Spilled water on Corsair Mechanical Keyboard

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Started Glitching out there was nothing I could do to save it even a reset holding the Esc. button. Using a Membrane Razer Ornata instead just like low profile keys. Don't worry I have about 12 Keyboards as backups =) I had that happen one time with a Membrane board along time ago.

I got it working took it out of the garbage just started mashing thewhole keyboard layout with my hand. One of the keys was sticking could of been Tab or something.

Last edited:
My cousin had one of the first gen Corsair K70's with the then-new Cherry RGB switches (in Brown) and spilled water in his. The keyboard itself worked fine after letting it dry out, but the lighting was jacked for over a year - keys would light up the wrong colors as if certain colors were either not lighting (R, G, or B LED), or if the WRONG colors were lighting. Suddenly a day, it just started working correctly again on it's own...

Moral of the story: Corsair stuff REALLY HATES water :) Also cables - I've had 3 different failures because the thick keyboard cable is so stiff that frequent moving (such as putting the keyboard in my lap) would result in broken connections in the cable. And sadly, they don't sell replacement cables. I found a web page where a guy wired up a small board inside the keyboard that broke out to a USB-C header so you could use a detachable cable.

Not gonna lie - I really like Corsair stuff, but sometimes they make it hard. Most of their stuff seems like it is really well designed and built except for ONE fatal flaw they leave baked in.

RGB fans - the fan ALWAYS works great, but sometimes the ARGB controller in a fan fails and corrupts everything down-chain from the malfunctioning unit. Between my cousin and I, we have 4 different fans (2 HD's, 1 LL, and 1 QL) that are broken this way and can only be used unlit, or placed at the very end of a lighting chain.

Keyboards - the aforementioned cable problem, and lack of good drainage for accidental spills.

Headsets - the headphones are comfy and the speakers always work great, but the microphones always seem to fail either entirely, or by producing really distorted audio. (3 different sets including a wired VOID)

Waterblocks - there is that infamous leaky GPU block...

Mice there is a really thin and weak plastic shim that contacts the actual buttons in the mice, and they eventually break.

Great products handicapped by one stupid cheap shortcut design decision.

Back