Using BGW320-500

Ran a speed test from various sources with results below:

DeviceDownload MbpsUpload Mbps
Router663.545634.821
Main PC (speedtest.net)161.13628.82
Main PC (fast.com)120600
Work PC (fast.com)16380
Cellphone WiFi (Speedtest by Ookla app)480614

Any idea why I am not getting anything close to my 600Mbps speed package except when testing directly from the router itself? Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to look at my router settings? There are no other devices in the house connected to the internet and have verified this by looking at router settings. All but the celphone have an ethernet connection.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Last edited:
qos setting in the modem might mess with things. someone had that happen not that long ago, its somewhere around here...

Are those PCs wired or wireless? If wireless, do you get the same results wired? Have you tried just rebooting the router?

Yes, all but the cellphone have a wired connection. Have not checked on QOS settings. Not sure how to either, but I'll investigate and see if anything is off. I was using different sites because fast.com was what my job IT guy said to use when testing my work computer provided by them. I just used it as a secondary test to my normal Ookla test on my main personal PC to see if there was any difference. I *DID* test my person PC with Ookla/speedtest.net, I just made a typo (which I have now fixed) indicating I did a test using both sites.

check in the modem for the qos, youll have to rtfm or google how to get into it. also look for anything labeled as "game" settings. try both off and on.

If it is not the QoS, then make sure your PC is actually connecting to the Router at Gig Ethernet and not 100M and check to make sure it has the proper cable to do the Gig.

Yes, all but the cellphone have a wired connection. Have not checked on QOS settings. Not sure how to either, but I'll investigate and see if anything is off. I was using different sites because fast.com was what my job IT guy said to use when testing my work computer provided by them. I just used it as a secondary test to my normal Ookla test on my main personal PC to see if there was any difference. I *DID* test my person PC with Ookla/speedtest.net, I just made a typo (which I have now fixed) indicating I did a test using both sites.
Super weird. When did this start happening?

I have AT&T Fiber
600Mbps plan
Using BGW320-500

Ran a speed test from various sources with results below:

DeviceDownload MbpsUpload Mbps
Router663.545634.821
Main PC (speedtest.net)161.13628.82
Main PC (fast.com)120600
Work PC (fast.com)16380
Cellphone WiFi (Speedtest by Ookla app)480614

Any idea why I am not getting anything close to my 600Mbps speed package except when testing directly from the router itself? Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to look at my router settings? There are no other devices in the house connected to the internet and have verified this by looking at router settings. All but the celphone have an ethernet connection.

Any ideas?
Thanks
what's are the speeds directly wired to the modem?

All speed tests except the cellphone are WIRED. The only device tested that was WIFI was the phone.
Still poking around the router settings, but I did find a status for my main computer stating: "Connection Speed - 1000Mbps fullduplex". Not sure what it means, but seems like it is set to deliver gig speeds and not 100M speeds to the desktop. Am I interpreting that correctly? I did not see any QoS setting though. Would that be named something else maybe? I do not know when this began exaclty. I've only had fiber a couple months. It is possible this has been going on since the start.

Wired to the modem and not the router?
All speed tests except the cellphone are WIRED. The only device tested that was WIFI was the phone.
Still poking around the router settings, but I did find a status for my main computer stating: "Connection Speed - 1000Mbps fullduplex". Not sure what it means, but seems like it is set to deliver gig speeds and not 100M speeds to the desktop. Am I interpreting that correctly? I did not see any QoS setting though. Would that be named something else maybe? I do not know when this began exaclty. I've only had fiber a couple months. It is possible this has been going on since the start.

Back