[Speculative] eVGA GeForce RTX 4090 Ti FTW4 ULTRA WaterBlocks

erek

[H]F Junkie
Mere speculations at this point as no Prototype has surfaced yet, but here goes nothin. These are like Artist renditions / concept art, right?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

One of the problems with AI-generated stuff (which at least some of these appear to be) is that the algorithm knows about shapes but it doesn't know what stuff does so it just puts shapes places and the result looks nonsensical for technical subjects.

I like the idea of this post (RIP EVGA GPU division) but these particular renders are breaking my brain when I try to look close :eek:

One of the problems with AI-generated stuff (which at least some of these appear to be) is that the algorithm knows about shapes but it doesn't know what stuff does so it just puts shapes places and the result looks nonsensical for technical subjects.

I like the idea of this post (RIP EVGA GPU division) but these particular renders are breaking my brain when I try to look close :eek:
What if you get slightly inebriated, does that help with any perceptions? I like the first posted image to be honest but my eyes 👀 aren’t good.

I wonder if the technology could be tricked into better results with more sophisticated context and prompts. They tricked ChatGPT a few times to go outside it’s bounds of programming such as hallucinating it was a Linux VM.

I do wonder really if any cocncepts exists for the coveted HydroCopper in 4090 form

What if you get slightly inebriated, does that help with any perceptions? I like the first posted image to be honest but my eyes 👀 aren’t good.

I wonder if the technology could be tricked into better results with more sophisticated context and prompts. They tricked ChatGPT a few times to go outside it’s bounds of programming such as hallucinating it was a Linux VM.

I do wonder really if any cocncepts exists for the coveted HydroCopper in 4090 form
I'll let you know how it looks in a few hours, I'll be a bit inebriated then ;)

Sure, an AI algorithm could design a GPU and cooler. That would require a completely different model than the DALL-E type generators... Those are specifically made to reproduce aesthetics while designing functional things with AI would require a model that's trained on guidelines for electrical and mechanical engineering as well. Various big corporations have been working on tools like that to speed up engineering but it's far from the level where a gonk like us could just ask it for a design and have it spit out something that looks consistent and functional.

Reactions: erek
like this
I'll let you know how it looks in a few hours, I'll be a bit inebriated then ;)

Sure, an AI algorithm could design a GPU and cooler. That would require a completely different model than the DALL-E type generators... Those are specifically made to reproduce aesthetics while designing functional things with AI would require a model that's trained on guidelines for electrical and mechanical engineering as well. Various big corporations have been working on tools like that to speed up engineering but it's far from the level where a gonk like us could just ask it for a design and have it spit out something that looks consistent and functional.
yeah this DALL-E is far off the mark, tried various prmpts exhausting my free trial for the month.. nothing exciting unfortunately :'( it's just too stupid to be technically cool at designing something like that

I think the last image is a neat idea, but it needs a human to clean it up and make it look practical. I don't think we have a scorpion icon in PC gaming, yet, which is what the emblem looks like to me.

1672955377452.png

AI is also the kid who can't make a straight line :rolleyes:

Back