SOYO 22" Widescreen - $180 shipped!

Well, technically, yesterday the Chimei 22" was the same price @ $179.99 free shipping, no rebates from the Egg for all of like the 5 minutes it was in stock LOL.

I pulled the trigger on this. Here's hoping there are no stuck/dead pixels. *crosses fingers*

You shouldnt have to worry about stuck or dead pixels. I picked up and returned 3 of these from microcenter. Returned them all cause back light bleeding was all the same. Anything that was suppose to be black, was gray and not the dark type of gray.... Good luck

well 1 year warranty and .4" missing from viewable size kinda sux.. other than that hottish price on new 22ish lcd!

Got it in a couple days ago and is much better than the 4 year-old 19" Samsung 193V it replaced. Has one stuck white pixel but other than that a great deal for the money.

Are these TN panels? I thought Soyo stopped making MVA panels which was the whole point in buying them before....

That was only on their 24", which this is not.

Yes, well considering this is only 22" and a TN panel with pretty terrible reviews, I'd say that pretty much makes this deal worthless. The only thing that was good about the 24" soyo's before was the fact they were better panels if you didn't get a busted one. These seem to be plagued by the same low quality control, but with junky TN panels. It seems like a lot of headache for little benefit. You can get a 20" from a better brand for this price that will be a better panel and will be more reliable. You don't lose any resolution either.

Yes, well considering this is only 22" and a TN panel with pretty terrible reviews, I'd say that pretty much makes this deal worthless. The only thing that was good about the 24" soyo's before was the fact they were better panels if you didn't get a busted one. These seem to be plagued by the same low quality control, but with junky TN panels. It seems like a lot of headache for little benefit. You can get a 20" from a better brand for this price that will be a better panel and will be more reliable. You don't lose any resolution either.

Not to TC, but I have to agree. I know Envision is a no-name, but they were selling their 22" panels at Black Friday last year for $150. I wasn't in line soon enough to get one, but After a few months on BBY's shelves they went clearance in my store for $150, so I snagged one for my dad. It has a 3 year warranty and came out of the box with zero dead pixels. It has a much better picture than the more expensive Acer 22" monitor sitting right next to it. I'm sorry OP, but this deal is merely luke warm. :( I'd pay another $20 to get a sale samsung, Dell or LG 22" over this, and get a 1 year warranty as well.

Now a 24" Soyo, I wouldn't mind a deal on one of those again... :D

Back