Sound drops on new tab.

Patonb

Gawd
If I have 2 twitch tabs open then open a 3rd tab that has sound, like a 3rd twitch or a ytube page, the volume on that tab drops to what seems like 20%. If I close 1 of the other tabs the volume goes back to normal. I can also cycle through the Spacial sound selection to get it back.
This is on any browser, mainly use FF, and started after I reinstalled windows 10.

I'm pretty certain it is a windows setting, and I do have the Communications set to "Do Nothing", and the newest driver I can find.
It's an AW 18R3 so it's a bit old.

Any help or suggestions please

Right click on the tab and select mute/unmute tab to see if that does it. Firefox support forum has multiple fixes for no sound but I found none that describe attenuated sound.

Right click on the tab and select mute/unmute tab to see if that does it. Firefox support forum has multiple fixes for no sound but I found none that describe attenuated sound.
It's every browser\, Well, FF and Edge. So, it's something besides mute tab.

It's every browser\, Well, FF and Edge. So, it's something besides mute tab.
Sounds like the setting that lowers volume when instant communications software is used. Uncheck that option in sound settings and try again.

Sounds like the setting that lowers volume when instant communications software is used. Uncheck that option in sound settings and try again.
Thought that to, and have it's set at "Do Nothing", from mute all, 20% 50%.

Back