sorry for being so late; dual 2001fps

N

NecessaryEvil

Old (my 2000fp)
Epicenter.jpg

New (dual 2001fp)
dualLCD_001.jpg

no dual vid videocard to use with it yet though...

$1900 in the end...but 2 perfect LCDs; no bad pixels :D

1593 on the LCDs; 289 on the dual LCD stand.

Nice! What kind of dual monitor stand is that and can it accomodate one 2001fp and one 1800fp??

phas3d

okay, wait a minute.

lemme wipe the drool from my mouth. :D

oh I hate you some of us cant even get 1 and you got 2 I bet you feel very happy about yourself:)

Originally posted by phas3d
Nice! What kind of dual monitor stand is that and can it accomodate one 2001fp and one 1800fp??

phas3d

Those are two 2001fp's -- the monitor in the first pic is on it's normal stand, the second picture shows a new stand ordered to fit the 2001s.

the first shot is of my 2000FP. I'm using it now, and will keep it for use in LAN parties/with my LAN computer.

the second shot is of dual 2001FPs.

the stand I bought is here

Holy Monkey of Queen Mary thats a nice stand...expensive too!!!

One day I hope to afford the extra 2001fp and that stand. Well, the stand is really nice, but doesnt look like it can accomodate the swift rotation of either of your 2001fps into potrait mode.

phas3d

I don't think it can either; but I don't plan on using it in portrait mode...so I'm not too worried about it.

Originally posted by NecessaryEvil
I don't think it can either; but I don't plan on using it in portrait mode...so I'm not too worried about it.
What do you do that warrants Dual LCD's; let alone - do you like it? Was it worth the near $1900?

I'm a geek.

I got it for pleasure; not business :D

I've always wanted 2 monitors...not sure how I'll (ab)use them yet!

One cool@ss set-up for sure.

I lovemy 2001FP...hell I was no where near looking for an LCD. my 21 inch (19.8 viewable) was fine until I started lurking here again. :mad: and :D - oh well :cool:

Nice mug in the first pic :cool:

And that's a kickass setup you got there, what videocard are you gonna get?

unfortunately, porbably a 9800XT...unless I can hold out until the next generation.

I want gaming performance, so the Quadro isn't the best option for me...

Hopefully I'll be as lucky as you and get two perfect 2001FPs. I placed my order 12/30, they should arrive tomorrow. Can't wait! With this setup I'll be using a 9800 Pro. Too bad there's not ATI card sporting dual DVI. BTW thanks for posting a link to your stand.

fibroptikl:

There are plenty of uses for dual displays. Ever since Windows started supporting dual displays (Win98/NT4, or Matrox spec solution) been using them at work (www.sierra.com). Its great for coding/debuging; launch the app on disp 2 debug on disp 1, code on disp 1 with doco on disp 2, etc...

I got dual 2001fps and mine are perfect. I have done all those check things and can't notice a single flaw on either.

I saw that; I'm glad I got the dual LCD stand though; mine's going in a corner. That wouldn't work out too well on the stock stands.

If you happen to die a tragic and very accidental death, can i have the monitors?

Originally posted by kmeson
Hopefully I'll be as lucky as you and get two perfect 2001FPs. I placed my order 12/30, they should arrive tomorrow. Can't wait! With this setup I'll be using a 9800 Pro. Too bad there's not ATI card sporting dual DVI. BTW thanks for posting a link to your stand.

Got my displays today. In short one is good the other not so good. Read details here:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=711278

Back