Sorround speakers location

SoftHard

n00b
Greetings folks,
I currently have 5.1 set up as attached pictures shows, it will be replaced with Q Acoustics 3010i Cinema Pack 5.1 and later plan to expand to dolby atmos with (probably) speakers on ceiling.
Altough with 5.1. set up the sorround speakers should be placed on the sides (little bit behind listener) I would like to keep mine in the back as If using as sides it seems to me they woud be to close to fronts. Also the listening position I mentioned is in front of table when playing games but can change when watching films so then side speakers would become another front speakers :).

My question is regarding rear left speaker. I planned to mount to side wall (just above the current positiion which is alligned with right rear speaker which is in the shelf) but I found it seems with mount I ordered the speaker will not be able to fire directly to the front (what seems would be best with my speaker positions). I guess its not harm if I mount rear left speaker on the back wall? Then rear left speaker will be cca 15cm (0.5feet) farther than rear right speaker but I beleive AV receiver will be able to compensate?
Any other suggestions welcomed.

Attachments

• Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    710 KB · Views: 0
  • Config.jpg
    Config.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    686.4 KB · Views: 0
Greetings folks,
I currently have 5.1 set up as attached pictures shows, it will be replaced with Q Acoustics 3010i Cinema Pack 5.1 and later plan to expand to dolby atmos with (probably) speakers on ceiling.
Altough with 5.1. set up the sorround speakers should be placed on the sides (little bit behind listener) I would like to keep mine in the back as If using as sides it seems to me they woud be to close to fronts. Also the listening position I mentioned is in front of table when playing games but can change when watching films so then side speakers would become another front speakers :).

My question is regarding rear left speaker. I planned to mount to side wall (just above the current positiion which is alligned with right rear speaker which is in the shelf) but I found it seems with mount I ordered the speaker will not be able to fire directly to the front (what seems would be best with my speaker positions). I guess its not harm if I mount rear left speaker on the back wall? Then rear left speaker will be cca 15cm (0.5feet) farther than rear right speaker but I beleive AV receiver will be able to compensate?
Any other suggestions welcomed.

Have you consider a sound bar. If I didn't already bought my Dolby Atmos speakers and receiver setup a couple years ago for my office. I would have rethink the receiver approach and just gotten one of this:

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Bar-9-1-...bl+dolby+atmos+soundbar&qid=1622425158&sr=8-3

A bit on the expensive side but reviews rated them pretty decent for Dolby Atmos. Just put the rear on a set of stands behind your seat when you're using them and plug them back onto the bar to charge when you're not, having to recharge the rear speakers from time to time (or supply USB power) is a bit of pain but it beats having to run speaker wire through the room. The built-in calibration routine appears to work well too so you don't have to worried about distance and reflections.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back