Soo basically 3060s are coming out yet people can't even buy what they released Sept 17th?

The more options the better, demand will spread, and supply will increase. Might not be until next year but things will stabilize. Some people who were wanting a 3070 will now get a 3060ti, so more 3070s will be available to people who want them since the demand is less. The problem is as much people panic buying whatever they can get their hands on rather than waiting for what they want, understandably due to the fear what they want will not be in stock for a while.

You cant even buy 1660 or 2xxx cards right now. Not new anyways. egg, amazon, microcenter (st louis), bandh and others either out or skyrocketed prices.

I am hoping to get a 3060ti FE tomorrow.

I only game at 1080p, so the card will allow me to turn on all the eye candy and options and game.

this will replace my RX580 (which has not been bad at all) but I want to turn on all the options :)

Reactions: ELox
like this
You cant even buy 1660 or 2xxx cards right now. Not new anyways. egg, amazon, microcenter (st louis), bandh and others either out or skyrocketed prices.

Yeah the market is nuts right now. I have taken advantage where I can to sell high on my cards and wait things out. I need to resist temptation to get the 3060 Ti or 3070 at this point because the used 1660 Ti that I got for $170 on eBay has been doing everything needed for the time being.

It's definitely a great time to sell your older cards and get a temp replacement for a decent price if you can go a couple months. Things will definitely ease up next year. I mean, I got $710 for a friggin used 2080 FE last week. They were $800 new over 2 years ago!

RX 470/480/570/580, 1660 Ti, 1660 Super, etc. all great temp options if you can score one for a non-inflated price...

Guess companies should completely stop selling other new products when their previously released products are selling out. Makes sense. /s

I'm looking forward to a 3070 when I can get my hands on one, not going to spend hours at the desk refreshing my screen trying to score one. Madness.

And, if AMD comes along with a comparable or faster card that I can buy without extreme measures.......

Already signed up for the EVGA notify queue for a buddy on a 580/1080@144 this morning.

All I had to do. Now we wait.

Already signed up for the EVGA notify queue for a buddy on a 580/1080@144 this morning.

All I had to do. Now we wait.

I waited two months I scooted over to the EVGA website maybe 100 times only to see no progress. Good thing come to people who wait but not in this case. These scalpers are loaded with money and can buy out stock at any given moment.

I apparently signed up for a 3080 around launch day and 100% forgot about it. I think it was Sep. 19th or something. Got the email Nov. 16th.

Since this card is same price point as 5700XT yet blows it away in performance now prices on 5700xt have to drop, right? Which should have a domino effect and drop prices down the line. Right?

Since this card is same price point as 5700XT yet blows it away in performance now prices on 5700xt have to drop, right? Which should have a domino effect and drop prices down the line. Right?
Theoretically in the future, sure. When there's no supply of new cards? Don't count on it.

Is this some sort of joke?
My first reaction as well, guys just get your current model out.....

But sooner the 3060ti the better, right now the GA104 that were not good enough for a 3070 are just not being sold I would imagine, that could just help augment the usable yield and volume.

So how much time until the AIB guys announce their 3060 products. I'm hoping to see an AIB with better performance than the Nvidia FE.

So how much time until the AIB guys announce their 3060 products. I'm hoping to see an AIB with better performance than the Nvidia FE.

I thought most were already? EVGA did this morning, for instance.

No and no.

Christmas and black Friday this year pretty much sucks. There is supposed to be an abundance of shit to buy. For tech shoppers, it's a barren boring landscape this year. I hope my step up from evga gets to me by July.

Nothing to buy. Drought of a holiday for tech toys. Blows.

Lol. Nope. They will just stop making those as there is not a market.

Last edited:
Picked up a 3060ti FE @ Microcenter Paterson, NJ They had about 200 cards in stock this morning. I saw ASUS, MSI, Nvidia in stock.

I have a new theory....

NV knows it can't beat AMD on all fronts, they have abandoned the 3080 and 3070, in favor of the 3080ti and 3070ti, production shifted to those.

I have a new theory....

NV knows it can't beat AMD on all fronts, they have abandoned the 3080 and 3070, in favor of the 3080ti and 3070ti, production shifted to those.
https://hardforum.com/threads/geforce-rtx-3060-ti-review-roundup.2004399/#post-1044831351

What you are seeing is NVIDIA restructuring its entire Ampere product stack.

3070/80 about to be realistically EOL'd, with 3070 Ti and 80 Ti replacing those. NVIDIA was not ready to complete with 6800/XT.

Wow this is kind of painful to watch.

I got an email from Newegg this morning “Nvidia 30 Series Availability!” and every single 3060 Ti product in the email was sold out by the time I clicked.

Considering how much value the 2800ti/2800/etc... are keeping month after the release of the 3800, it could take a while enough for the product to become really rare by the time it happen.

1) Real pressure would only fully function if the person hesitating between the 2 products could actually buy the 3600TI at a very close price, by that time the new AMD at the price point faster than the 3060TI in normal rasterization will be out I would imagine.
2) Would need to have many 5700xt, if they stay almost all out of stock at their current price point, no point to lower the cost.

No one would buy a turing at those price (new or used price) if it was possible to buy an Ampere, until it become possible there is no real offer to change the offer/demand that much, future offer do but not fully.

Picked up a 3060ti FE @ Microcenter Paterson, NJ They had about 200 cards in stock this morning. I saw ASUS, MSI, Nvidia in stock.

Their website said they had 11 (EVGA 3060Ti) in stock (Dallas) this morning. At lunch, it said eight. After lunch it said six.

So I drove down there (45 minute drive) and was told they all (all brands) sold out in the morning. Basically before the store even opened (they hand out vouchers based on how many they have in stock).

"But your website said you still had some in stock," I replied.

The salesman chuckled, "Yeah, you can't trust the website, you're not the only one that's been fooled."

Their website says they still have one in stock right now (an hour later).

F Microcenter.

Last edited:
I did not even bother trying to get an RTX 3060Ti. I was hit with the rude awaking of the high prices of old inventory this past weekend. I am getting flashbacks of the crypto-craze a few years back with those prices. I wanted to pick-up an RTX 2070 Super until I could purchase an RTX 3080Ti or RX 6900X spring of next year (Who am I kidding? More like late summer or early fall at this rate). I guess I will need to make do with a GTX 960 2GB for now. I also tried to buy a nice X570 motherboard for when I can actually get a Ryzen 5000 series and could not find anything in stock at about MSRP. The Ryzen 3000 series CPU's sold out pretty darn quick too even at lackluster sale prices. Early in November I used my X570E Strix motherboard and Ryzen 3800X to get a build done for someone on time. I settled on an Asus Maximus XII WiFi and 10700K combo for about $620 that just arrived today. It seemed to of been about the only thing worth purchasing last week. I have to say this has been the most disappointing Black Friday and Cyber Monday for us hardware enthusiasts.

Reactions: x509
like this
Their website said they had 11 (EVGA 3060Ti) in stock (Dallas) this morning. At lunch, it said eight. After lunch it said six.

So I drove down there (45 minute drive) and was told they all (all brands) sold out in the morning. Basically before the store even opened (they hand out vouchers based on how many they have in stock).

"But your website said you still had some in stock," I replied.

The salesman chuckled, "Yeah, you can't trust the website, you're not the only one that's been fooled."

Their website says they still have one in stock right now (an hour later).

F Microcenter.

Did they not have an option to order for instore pickup? I never drive out to Microcenter without placing my order online fist. Otherwise I have to listen to sales people, which is the worst....

I'm glad they did release the 3060ti. I managed to finally snag a GPU after hunting for the 3070/3080/6800 series. Got a MSI Ventus 3060ti, I'm just relieved I have the last part for my computer build on the way.

Did they not have an option to order for instore pickup? I never drive out to Microcenter without placing my order online fist.

Nope, not at least for GPUs right now. I would imagine it's the same for high-demand CPUs as well.

(Used buyer speak follows.... this can be a completely foreign language for many...)

Volume is a wonderful thing. For example, a 1 year old Intel CPU based system can be purchased for cheap. You might have to wait 3-4 years with regards to an AMD CPU system. Just the way it is.

You could argue that people hold onto AMD systems until they are dead, dead, dead, but regardless, the volume of Intel boxes out there creates better deals used.

Do you want an Intel CPU based system, or an AMD one? What if the price differential is 3-5x in Intel's favor? The used market is such a different world.

With all that said, AMD vs Nvidia with regards to GPU.... much more equitable, but generally speaking "worse" for used buyers (citing lack of volume all around).

Just a random observation.

With everything selling out like this you'd think every other house has a VR-capable gaming rig.

I think mining is contributing to this again... yeah.. I get it.. we all know there are alot out there that have disposable income and are putting more $$ into hobbies such as computers, with this covid-work-from-home bs..
but. GPU mining is still a thing.. and I'd like to think more idiots are trying their hand at this, since again.. there is more work-from-home and more time on their hands..

Back