Sony walking back shutting down PS3/Vita store.

Good. There's no vita replacement, and a lot of good games on there for PSP and Vita.

What was the rationale behind closing it in the first place?

Does it cost a lot of money to run it?

What was the rationale behind closing it in the first place?

Does it cost a lot of money to run it?
It says as much in corporate speak. I'm actually surprised they basically openly admitted it was about money.

...it was born out of a number of factors, including commerce support challenges for older devices and the ability for us to focus more of our resources on newer devices where a majority of our gamers are playing on.

maybe...

if they just had everything run from the same kind of backend, it wouldn't matter. Just serve games from a server that PS3,4,5, vita can talk to??

Are they all different things on their end?

maybe...

if they just had everything run from the same kind of backend, it wouldn't matter. Just serve games from a server that PS3,4,5, vita can talk to??

Are they all different things on their end?
Or, if people are obviously so passionate, put the time and money used maintaining the legacy system in making a backward compatible emulator like Microsoft? Then everything can just be migrated to the new store. Knowing Sony, though, I imagine the license system they use is not compatible in the slightest with the PS4/PS5 store.

That's good news, though the PSP store is still going so I am going to look to see if I have anything there I might want. I am glad I picked up Hot Shots Tennis which is a PSP game because it's fun and a plain weird campaign mode. Wish it had a native Vita version port with higher resolution graphics though, it's real blocky looking.

Now if only they would bring the Little Big Planet servers back online after a DDOS attack like two months ago. They claim to be bringing them back online, but they're still down right now and my daughter still plays that almost daily with her friends online on PS3 and complains about it consistently. The PS4 LBP games run on the same servers too and are still down even, so you would think they would put some kind of priority on them still.

I recently dug back out my old PSP Go. Amazing how easy it is to get them to play homebrew these days.

I recently dug back out my old PSP Go. Amazing how easy it is to get them to play homebrew these days.
Do you still have to use the small capacity and overpriced Pro Duo sticks on it? Or can you use like an SD card adapter on it?

Do you still have to use the small capacity and overpriced Pro Duo sticks on it? Or can you use like an SD card adapter on it?

Pretty sure they came out with adapters awhile back just like with the vita.

Yeah for like $5 you can buy an adapter and use any microsd card.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
There are Memory Stick Duo to Micro SD adapters available for PSP1000-3000's, however the situation with the PSP Go is exceptionally shitty. The PSP Go only supports Sony's even more useless Memory Stick M2 which only came in sizes up to 16GB and are really expensive because they are so rare. There is/was a mod to adapt the PSP Go's M2 slot to handle a Micro SD card but I have not been able to find it for sale anymore. And there have also been a few people that have managed to mod the PCB itself to handle a Micro SD directly.

So for now I'm stuck with the PSP Go's internal 16GB of flash.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Pretty sure they came out with adapters awhile back just like with the vita.

Yeah for like $5 you can buy an adapter and use any microsd card.
There are adaptors for the Vita!? I might have to start playing games on it again. Stopped because I couldn't be arsed to swap the two games I have on it for one huge game, then have to switch again later when I'm bored...

There are adaptors for the Vita!? I might have to start playing games on it again. Stopped because I couldn't be arsed to swap the two games I have on it for one huge game, then have to switch again later when I'm bored...

Man I have mario64.... Quake1, Quake2, Quake3, Redneck Rampage and uhhh postal all on my hacked vita.

Eck wait, so the adapters only work with Vita's that have CFW? I keep seeing for v3.60 only on most of the adapter questions. :(

Eck wait, so the adapters only work with Vita's that have CFW? I keep seeing for v3.60 only on most of the adapter questions. :(
Yeah, but it looks pretty easy to install, and newer versions can be flashed back.

cfwaifu. com

Back