Sony CPDG520P - Is this a decent monitor

IMO that is certainly worth it, some people have had problems with sony tubes but the ones i have used have been fine...some of the best quality ones i have used infact....for $315 that is a bargin. I am sure you will be very happy with it...also it will have sony warranty so u can get it swapped out for one of same or better spec if you have any problems with it.

Decided to pick this one up.

Noticed it has two monitor inputs. (Yay no need for a kvm switch to hookup to my 'lil server) :)

For that price, I just couldn't give it up. We'll see if it's better than my SGI Trinitron 21".

Whichever one I keep the other goes to the wife :D

Free delivery on this bad boy too! woot woot!

holy moly dude...

thats a damn sweet deal...2 I/P's too thats awesome...

It the SGI probably uses a Sony tube so i reckon u sling that to your wife and keep the shiney new'ish Sony.

Yeah the SGI is like a Sony CDP-502.

Both are nice monitors, but the dual input on this 520P sold me completely :).

Gonna save some space on my desk. No more need for 2 monitors.

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

-- Can't bloody wait to get this mofo :)

I'm literally giddy with anticipation :)

If there's one thing that Sony makes well, it's displays (of all kinds).

When I get it, I'll post a quick n dirty review based on what my SGI Monitor gives me :)

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

I have had this monitor for over a year and love it. 2 months ago it broke (wouldn't turn on at all) and Sony CS was very good in sending me out a new one. I am using it right now, don't know what else to say except I am picky about monitors and like this one very much.

315 is also a very good price, even for a refurb. I payed 530 new for it a year ago.

Back