Sony 2021 TV Lineup

Would anyone recommend the 43" X85J or should I get a Gigabyte FV43U instead? Don't need TV functions, just a nice screen for console (and likely PC) gaming

Would recommend the FV43u over x85j - the Sony has a blurry 120hz mode, no VRR, and won’t have as good a response time.

Would recommend the FV43u over x85j - the Sony has a blurry 120hz mode, no VRR, and won’t have as good a response time.
thanks for that, it seems to be the concensus on the Sony... I wonder why it gets blurry in 120hz? they seem to be blaming people not putting it into enhanced hdmi format but surely people are doing all that... and yeah i know the VRR feature is currently missing but they've said its coming enough times you'd hope its soon... ah well... i am leaning more and more towards the FV43U, despite it being a bit more expensive (about $300AUD)

It’s been a problem for the last few years - the F and H series had the same issue at 1440p. It doesn’t look too bad in games or movies but very noticeable on sharp text.

I have the 43" X85J and there's a distinct single pixel checkerboard pattern in game mode even at 4k@60Hz when I plug in my MacBook Pro. In graphics mode the checkerboard pattern goes away and the picture looks pretty good to me. I'm pretty dissatisfied with Sony's work here and I might return it in a couple weeks.

I haven't even tested it with a 4K@120Hz source yet.

I have the 43" X85J and there's a distinct single pixel checkerboard pattern in game mode even at 4k@60Hz when I plug in my MacBook Pro. In graphics mode the checkerboard pattern goes away and the picture looks pretty good to me. I'm pretty dissatisfied with Sony's work here and I might return it in a couple weeks.

I haven't even tested it with a 4K@120Hz source yet.

Isn't the X85J a 4K60 display? It says it only has HDMI 2.0b ports in the product specs.

Back