Sonic Frontiers

3D Sonic?

Give me a sequel to Sonic Mania. Best damn Sonic game in decades.

It's looking pretty good; Still really early, so I won't kvetch too much about the massive pop-in, but hoping that will be fixed by launch.

Definitely feeling the 'BOTW' comparisons to the game. Actually, even more than BOTW, I was getting Ecco the Dolphin vibes and that got me thinking a open world exploration based next gen Ecco game would be great.

People are accusing Sega of recycling assets from PSO2: New Genesis.

This one:

Nope, it really doesn't. Who cares if they use some generic work they previously made like trees or chairs? They still made it.
I imagine it's still in an alpha stage based on what we saw. It could have just been a demonstration of the gameplay features minus the rest of the game world. Besides, other developers reuse assets all the time. No need to reinvent a land mesh or tree model that already exists in your asset library.

It's a Sonic game.

https://opencritic.com/game/13687/sonic-frontiers
1667854442072.png

It's pretty good for a Sonic game. Only thing I don't like is how it keeps you in a training minigame after loading a zone is done, and you have to exit yourself.

My son loves it. It wears the inspiration from Breath of the Wild quite provocatively, right down to the music and sound effects.

They should of delayed it a month tbh. It is going to get over shadowed by GoW. Especially given it not that great of a game.

The titans in this game remind me of the Architect's in ME:A.
And instead of a chest, you get a key to unlock the vaults.
Sounds familiar.

Sounds like a decent Sonic game (at least on the PC, Series X and PS5) - maybe I'll grab a copy for my kid as a Christmas present.

Been playing on my Deck, working on the second Titan. I like it, I really do. Some jankiness in the controls occasionally, and lighting issues on the deck… but darn it, doesn’t detract from it for me. I’ve been kinda missing Jun Senoue’s music even after all these years, tbbqh, even though I like Ohtani.

Back