Some help deciding

bal3wolf

Limp Gawd
Come tax time im going to order a 1080 if i get enough back or a 1070 if i don't get enough back for a 1080 iv decided to go with a card that already has a block installed to save on hassle and prices look about same few cards i have narrowed it down to so far are listed below. I ranked them in order i like them if any of you have experice with cards listed please chime in or link a review thank you for any help you can provide.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW HydroCopper GAMING, 08G-P4-6299-KR, 8GB GDDR5X, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC)

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GV-N1080XTREMEWB-8GD Xtreme Gaming WATERFORCE WB

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 DirectX 12 GTX 1080 SEA HAWK EK X 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support ATX Video Card

Only card i have found with a block for a 1070 is below.

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 DirectX 12 GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X 8GB 256-Bit DDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support ATX Video Cards

Evga ftw since its not a original foundation stlye card with a water block slapped on it.

Will have more power avalible to it so you wont hit limits on the card so no clock jojoing so your clocks stick!

Foundation cards the clocks litteraly dance up and down constantly.

Also all 1080 have 3 clock limits.. temp,voltage and power. Youll have the temp under control with the cooling and might as well take care of power at rhe same time using a card that has dual 8 pin connectors for more power delivery.

Evga has the best customer support around period.

the evga and gigabtye already have dual 8 pin i did notice the msi does not. I also noticed the gigabyte boosts to 1936 in oc mode out of the box.

the evga and gigabtye already have dual 8 pin i did notice the msi does not.

Then choose between those 2.. though dont know about gigabytes customer support but i do know if ya call evga 24 hours a day there will be an american that will answer the phone pretty quick.

Let me just add that ive had 12 different 1080 cards.. so ive got plenty of experiance with the limits you'll run into between the models. Stick to custom cards this round.

I use evga 1080 classifieds with ek 780ti classified water blocks on them. Yes they fit just fine.. even with the original included pads.

14 phase power with the classifieds and 12 phase with ftw.

yea i been leaning towards evga i had them along time ago and support was always great, one thing i have researched is warranty and i see for 30 more you can get 5 years warranty and for 60 you can get a 10 year warranty thru evga for your card.

I don't know what the rest of your system is like but with new cards from AMD and possibly from nVidia (a 1080Ti is likely) within the next six months if you can wait for it you can either pick up a faster card or see price drops on the 1080 (assuming competitive cards from AMD).

pretty sure i wont have funds for a 1080ti and im done with amd it will be around march likely when i get a new card so i am hoping the ti has came out and droped prices on the 1080 some.

Back