So, figure I would copy Spyder......

JPF_

Limp Gawd
So, I have never signed an NDA.....nor asked never to take pictures of our network environment. There is a new project to replace all switches and all network gear in the plant I work in. Thought I would share some pics and such.....

This is part of the new shipment:

WP_000153.jpg

WP_000155.jpg

WP_000158.jpg

WP_000156.jpg

Fiber patch cables^

Much more to come. The big day is week after next. This is a million and a half sq ft plant. Roughly 80 or so switches to be replaced in 3 days (fun times!).

Neat shipment! Thanks for the thread.. what made your company go with Fujitsu? I have no experience in purchasing just curious as I haven't seen them before.. at least in this respect.

Neat shipment! Thanks for the thread.. what made your company go with Fujitsu? I have no experience in purchasing just curious as I haven't seen them before.. at least in this respect.

I work for Fujitsu as a DSE (Deskside Engineer). The client wants us to take over the network so its a huge project in replacing switches (for cisco voip upgrade this year) and for more ports for more runs. The client is having their IT dept to configure the switches, we will monitor and address network issues.

Pics inc maybe in a day or 2!!!!

My fault guys :(

No longer working for Fujitsu......

I fail at lyfe ;*(

Bummer man.

Was it a short term contract? Have you found anything else yet?

Well.....To be honest.... nb4 tl;dr

This is the worst plant of all in the USA/Canada. Even the Sweedish corporate office has issues with this plant and the way its run (not the IT side, production side). This plant’s management team is down right childish and stupid. So, the main reason I was kicked off this contract is due to the local management team seeing that I was going by the book (IE global contract) and they did not like it. It was a “we run things the way we want”. So, my supervisor being new to not only supervisor position, but manufacturing IT. Got on her knees for them at every request.

It was tiring, boring, and down right stupid. They would blame us for their own issues (a laptop being broken because someone dropped it, and we have no buffer because the client cannot afford a buffer). But some how it was our fault.

Idk…..I am happier I am not driving 50 mins there, 50 mins back. My supervisor there sucked ballsack. She was used to working on Blue Cross Blue Shield contract (business, formal, nothing like manufacturing IT). I truly hope she soon realizes how incompetent she is. Much loathe for her. And for Fujitsu for not sticking up for me. I was actually brought on to change the ways this local plant was running their IT opps. Go figure I would be dropped from contract because of that very same mentality.

That's why I enjoy the other thread "Non-tech IT supervisors" I think she is exactly that.....well minus the supervisor exp lol.....so shes nothing.

/rant off....

Now making more money, closer to home, but in a corporate business casual environment. I am used to t-shirt/jeans before....now button down shirt tucked in etc etc.....

Back