Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army thread

BiH115

Gif Guy
Not sure if anyone picked this up over the past few weeks, but this game is very fun to play with one or more people (highly recommend NOT getting it if you're going to play alone).

It's got some very nice graphics option for the PC and it feels very well put together (minus some of the mouse lag present).

There're a solid amount of guns to find and use, as well as mines and trip mines, which come in handy when hordes of zombies are triggered by an event (very similar to a horde style ambush from Left 4 Dead). Hiding out in a house and mowing down an army is just very satisfying, especially with a buddy or two. The zombie animation are also pretty freaking great, they seem very life-like and cliche at times (not a bad thing). Death animation for zombies are pure awesome, and the slow-motion skull shot present in all the Sniper Elite games just never seems to get old, especially when you're on a 4-5 headshot streak.

The sound quality is pretty excellent, and the zombie noises are chilling. The guns also have a great thunk to them, so if you've got a nice set of cans or a surround system, you're in for a treat.

Overall...kind of an underrated game really. Picked it up for $12 for a buddy and I on Greenman when they had the 20% voucher going on last week. Money well spent for a game that has replay value, about as much as Left 4 Dead did. As someone who liked that series and played it to death, I can see myself doing the same with this game.

It was probably worth the 14 bucks(it was a gift) but the kill cam slow mo etc etc happens way to often and just makes the game stale after a while. even when I change the options for this it just seems like too much. Still for 14 bucks its a great multiplayer romp.

I love the game also, but I don't have anyone to play with. Personally I'm still trying to get a head shot with an exit wound out of a zombie's ass. Got to get lucky for that though!

It was probably worth the 14 bucks(it was a gift) but the kill cam slow mo etc etc happens way to often and just makes the game stale after a while. even when I change the options for this it just seems like too much. Still for 14 bucks its a great multiplayer romp.

You can turn it off entirely as far as I know.

Fantastic game for the price. My coworkers and I played for a few hours last night.

Sniper Elite V2 was my Dark Horse of 2012. It's not perfect...outside of sniping admittedly the gameplay mechanics show weaknesses but overall it comes together for a very fun and satisfying package. It's gotten great support and DLCs at least on the PC.

This extension turned it all on its side and I think it's a blast although it does tend to make players rely more on CQB tactics where the gameplay is at its weakest.

Overall, if you're a fan of Sniper Elite V2 I can easily recommend this.

Sniper Elite V2 was my Dark Horse of 2012. It's not perfect...outside of sniping admittedly the gameplay mechanics show weaknesses but overall it comes together for a very fun and satisfying package. It's gotten great support and DLCs at least on the PC.

This extension turned it all on its side and I think it's a blast although it does tend to make players rely more on CQB tactics where the gameplay is at its weakest.

Overall, if you're a fan of Sniper Elite V2 I can easily recommend this.

Do you have it man?

We need to play sometime. Was playing with a buddy last night and we got demolished by the big machine-gunner bastards. God those guys are tough.

You gotta snipe those guys in the head...like 10 times.

Yeah, we did, but we just got bum rushed at one point when one came out of nowhere and those suiciders were there too. It was a little overwhelming.

Do you have it man?

We need to play sometime. Was playing with a buddy last night and we got demolished by the big machine-gunner bastards. God those guys are tough.

Sure. Day one buy for me. We'll have to meet up soon. :)

You gotta snipe those guys in the head...like 10 times.

This can't be stressed enough in general: Headshots are uber critical in this entire Zombie expansion.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/piscian18/home

If you want to add me.

I disagree on the first point though it gets slightly repetitive I enjoy playing the game alone it's very creepy. It reminds me of what they could have done better on the last couple Resident Evil games. I'm on the last chapter or so. The games only downfall I've found is that it looks like its somewhat short. I paid like $12 for it so I don't mind. I think since they back away from the tactical sniper aspect and went more action it could have used more puzzles or a deeper plot would have been nice. With all the miserable shit thats come out in the last year despite all that it gets a glowing review from me. The FOV alone makes it a 10/10 among PC games lately.

Know I am bringing back a necro thread, but figured way to let folks know that Nazi Army Zombies 2 just got released on the 31st.... :)

Is this game 1st or 3rd person?

Edit: Nevermind, I found a gameplay video.

Last edited:
These are great. Sniper Elite V2 was my dark horse game last year and they've thrown a bunch of support at it ever since. Great value for the dollar all the way around. I can't wait for V3.

Is anyone getting low fps? I'm using medium srttings, with aa off 2560-1440 and averaging around 30 fps 20 when I'm recording. I know my two 5850s are getting pretty old but I'm also only using 10% cpu usage. Just seems weird.

Back