Smallest mATX Case?

nekrosoft13

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm thinking about possibly building a small mATX system.

Looking at the smallest possible build, don't need ATX PSU, a nice FlexATX PSU will do.

All I would need is 2-3 PCIe/PCI cards, one m.2 and decently size HDD.

The idea is to have a video camera/recording system.

I think this build with and additional PCI/PCIE slot in CPU side is what you looking for.
it'll be smallest if PSU position is in top of main PCIE slot.
6hLJwDr.jpg

I'm thinking about possibly building a small mATX system.

Looking at the smallest possible build, don't need ATX PSU, a nice FlexATX PSU will do.

All I would need is 2-3 PCIe/PCI cards, one m.2 and decently size HDD.

The idea is to have a video camera/recording system.
Ncase M1 supports some smaller matx boards. There's actually a community-maintained compatibility list somewhere for it. I don't know if it's the smallest exactly, but it's damn small and very flexible with what you can put in it.

Holy moly!! These are some of the loveliest micro-ATX cases I've ever seen. Until now I've been particularly attracted to the InWin CE052.FH300TB3, InWin CE685.FH300TB3, and some of the Silverstone offerings. There are probably a few others, but that perfect micro-ATX case has been so elusive to the point that I started to believe that it doesn't even exist. I'm still sceptical, and not getting my hopes up, because that way only leads to disappointment.

But this is the first time I've seen the Ncase M1 and Kimera Industries Cerberus, and they're both just lovely. I'm currently looking into getting one of each, just to try them out. Is one preferable over the other as far as quietness is concerned? I will not be using a GPU as these will be workstation/server type machines for the home and/or office.

Ncase M1 supports some smaller matx boards. There's actually a community-maintained compatibility list somewhere for it. I don't know if it's the smallest exactly, but it's damn small and very flexible with what you can put in it.

I'm looking for this thread now...

Back