Smallest case that can accomodate wc a 3090? Ncase m1?

kill8r

Limp Gawd
Building a new rig and want to accomodate the zen 3 and 3090 both watercooled.

What is the most compact case that can get the job done?

Dude, I'm getting a sense of deja vu - don't you have a few of these threads asking the same thing?

To get on topic - Optimum Tech posted some of his plans for updating his SFF to fit 3090.

As for myself, my original plan was to make the transition to ITX from ATX this next upgrade cycle for me, but quickly abandoned those plans when I saw the sizes of the new RTX GPUs. I like the idea of ITX, however, the ease of use and compatibility of ATX called me back to her beefy embrace.

Yeah you just know Optimum is going to be trying the 3090 in different cases. He's always doing things like that.

If you are going to put a waterblock on a 3090 then many cases can fit the bill. The smallest that can fit 2 240mm rads is ncase m1.

If you are going to put a waterblock on a 3090 then many cases can fit the bill. The smallest that can fit 2 240mm rads is ncase m1.
I wasn't sure if the m1 could fit the 3090 and dual waterblocks

i take that back. The power connectors absolutely won’t fit
Well now that its clear a 3090 is only 15% better than a 3080 I am likely going for a 3080 unless AMD come up with a better performer.

Well now that its clear a 3090 is only 15% better than a 3080 I am likely going for a 3080 unless AMD come up with a better performer.
In time they will. The Ti or Super variant will come out. Probably for next year unless AMD forces their hand to release sooner.

buy the asus tuf 3090 and be done with it! :D

So instead of looking for one OOS scalped product, you have to look for two (Corsair SF750 on top of the Asus TUF 3090).

But that is a lot of power in that size.

It's $3,729.00 for Ryzen 5 5600x and an RTX 3090. Peanuts!
I am based in the UK so importing it would bring a boatload of tax. Pricing doesn't seem too bad though.

It was always my understanding these designes were not cpu friendly but it looks interesting.

I would like to better understand noise and thermal performance.

I am based in the UK so importing it would bring a boatload of tax. Pricing doesn't seem too bad though.

It was always my understanding these designes were not cpu friendly but it looks interesting.

I would like to better understand noise and thermal performance.
This video from Optimum Tech describes a negative experience in installing the "good stuff" into a 9.5 liter case. It was an unsuccess because of a 10% freq. drop from the CPU (a Ryzen 9 5950X) despite acceptable temps. This positioned the 5950X performance to the level of a 3000 series CPU.

The CPU was undervolted, so that may be the reason (just my thought). The reason for the drop in the CPU performance is not described in the video.
To your point, temps were fine for both CPU and GPU, but both were with a custom water-loop.
...so temped to do something similar!!!

This video from Optimum Tech describes a negative experience in installing the "good stuff" into a 9.5 liter case. It was an unsuccess because of a 10% freq. drop from the CPU (a Ryzen 9 5950X) despite acceptable temps. This positioned the 5950X performance to the level of a 3000 series CPU.

The CPU was undervolted, so that may be the reason (just my thought). The reason for the drop in the CPU performance is not described in the video.
To your point, temps were fine for both CPU and GPU, but both were with a custom water-loop.
...so temped to do something similar!!!

He didn't use the space available on the GPU side for a second radiator (XSPC 20mm thick or Taobao 17mm thick).

Back