Small iTunes device to play on DAC

shmitty

Gawd
I am trying to find a device to connect to a DAC to stream music from preferably from iTunes as that is what we already utilize. I have a TEAC UD-H01 which is a very capable dac I just need a source for it. I've looked at something like a Raspberry PI but they don't play well w/ iTunes. I prefer something windows based so I can force it to 192k playback and would like to stay budget conscious while maintaining a small form factor.
The alternative would be to buy something like this https://www.bluesound.com/products/node/ but, I could buy a Pi 4 and touchscreen for like 150 bucks if only Pi worked with iTunes. I may switch to another music source but figured I'd check with y'all prior.

From the DAC it would go to my vintage sony receiver and a pair of modded Mach 1 speakers.

Is something like this a good option?
https://www.amazon.com/Fusion5-Wind...keywords=Windows+Tablet&qid=1602804219&sr=8-3

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought an adapter and tried to plug my ipad in but, it stated it didn't have the power required for that USB device.

I bought an adapter and tried to plug my ipad in but, it stated it didn't have the power required for that USB device.
ah. yeah i guess that makes sense because its expect a pc with full power usb or digital in. maybe look at a nuc or something small like that.

I have a higher end Bluetooth Receiver already. When I run that dac off my laptop on this system there is a pretty big difference in the quality.

You could look at something like this

1607148317375.png

Basically it's a USB cable that runs the power to one plug, and the data to the other - so you can use a higher wattage power supply even though a native device might not be able to deliver the goods.

Back