Slots

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
hi quick ? so i am using slot 1&2 i think there is damage in slot 3, so can i use 1&2 skip 3&4, use also 5&6&7&8 will that work? or should i skip 1 to 4 and just use 5to8? or the chain is broken and i can only use 1&2
thanks!

Check your manual to see which slots are paired, because they are paired!
If you dont, you will lose 1/2 the bandwidth.
Use any of the pairs.

Although...
As your mobo has 8 ram slots, its possible you have a quad channel setup, not dual channel.
It would help if you told us which mobo you have?

its a dual, sorry i was not more clear yes i know its paired but what i am asking is can u leave 2 slots out that are in the middle of the chain? like if everything was working lets say and u got 8 slots like i do and u only got 4 sticks, of course u would do 1,2,3,4 right so now 3 slot is broke so u still want to use the 4 sticks so u would do 1,2 skip 3 cause its broke and u got to skip 4 caused its paired and use 5 and 6 will this set up work im asking or will 5,6 be dead cause 3,4 were not used...
thanks

wow this is way above my pay grade lol!! sorry i am really dumb when comes to the tech stuff !! will prob go get a new board, one last ? sorry dont want to keep bothering u, is there a way on my computer to tell if they are working i know i can go to that page and see the more memory if its working it will pick it up but anyway to tell if its like at half speed or full?

Back