Slim Blu Ray Drive

HaX

[H]ard|Gawd
Are all slim drives created equal? I'll be needing one for my mini computer so I thought I should ask. I had a Silverstone SD01 white slot drive; however, the thing flexed like crazy and the darn drive wouldn't work i sent it back DOA and never bought a slim drive since. But I'm back into the market for one, which drive seems to be best bet? Are slot loaders out of the question?

Are all slim drives created equal? I'll be needing one for my mini computer so I thought I should ask. I had a Silverstone SD01 white slot drive; however, the thing flexed like crazy and the darn drive wouldn't work i sent it back DOA and never bought a slim drive since. But I'm back into the market for one, which drive seems to be best bet? Are slot loaders out of the question?

Buy a drive from the manufacturer who makes them (Samsung, LG, etc) instead of some third party who repackages them. If money is no object, and you want slot load then the absolute best drive is this which supports up to 4x Writes on BD-XL 128GB Media.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a tray loading one in my sff. SONY something or other blu ray. Works perfectly.

Back