Sleeving/Cable Management Question

stateofjermaine

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I'm working on my first build, and I am just learning about sleeving and cable management, etc. I have found a site where I can buy the sleeving by the foot. I would rather do this than get a sleeving kit, because I don't want to buy a bunch of sizes I will never use.

I will be working in a Lian Li V351 SFF case, and I plan on sleeving pretty much everything (3 case fans, *modular* power supply, a fan controller, 2 hard drives, a graphics card, and a Blu-ray drive). I may have forgotten a few things, but that's the idea. I will be doing some grouping (the main 24-pin, etc.), but I don't mind spending the time to make things looks nice. I'm thinking I will primarily need 1/2", 1/4", and 1/8", right? I was planning on this for the heat shrink:

Heat Shrink Kit

Will that be enough? And how many feet of sleeving should safely get me through? I don't mind a little excess.

Thanks!

http://matxworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1739

will answer all your questions, if you are sleeving individual cables u will use 1/8" for sata cables you will use 3/8" as for front panel cables i would grab some 1/4" or a lil bit extra of 3/8" ..... rule of thumb every 20-30 feet of sleeve get 1 foot of shrink.

I primarily use 1/8" and 1/4" sleeving. Get short lengths of comparable heat shrink for the ends. 1/8" is perfect for fans, while 1/4" is perfect for power cables (sata and molex). If I were you, I'd get 10 feet of 1/8" and 10 feet of 1/4," so that you have a little leftover if you decide to change anything.

I primarily use 1/8" and 1/4" sleeving. Get short lengths of comparable heat shrink for the ends. 1/8" is perfect for fans, while 1/4" is perfect for power cables (sata and molex). If I were you, I'd get 10 feet of 1/8" and 10 feet of 1/4," so that you have a little leftover if you decide to change anything.

+1 for taking the risk with a direct answer. Thanks! :D

Back