SILVERSTONE TJ08E - New MicroATX Case

Darn, why not make a PS07 face plate for the TJ08 so that there is a small baffle for the front fan. :confused:

Asus Rampage III Gene - Intel Core i7 990X Extreme Edition - Corsair Dominator GT CMT24GX3M3A2000C9 - 2x Asus ENGTXTOP/2DI/1792MD3
OCZ Vertex III VTX3-25SAT3-60G - 2x G.Skill Phoenix PRO 120Gb - Koolance PSU1300ATX-12N 1700W - Koolance RP452X - Silverstone TJ08-E

that top is real carbon fiber??

Well, I don't have any usable pictures of my build yet because my house is lit like a cave but I do have some questions for you guys.

1. Those of you with the Phobya fan, how different is it? Everyone says it is quieter but is that just from lower rpms? I'm using speedfan and can adjust the stock fan down <400rpm. Is the Phobya actually quieter if say both were running at 600rpm or some arbitrary speed?

2. I would like to replace the front LEDs with red ones to match the rest of my gear. I read somewhere that someone had done it but I'm not sure what is needed. I can solder a thing to another thing but I'm not an electronics expert. All the writups I can find explain wiring up large amounts of LEDs at once and don't really apply. Can anyone explain if I need resistors or to do anything special to replace the case LEDs?

My Build:

Case: TJ08-E
PSU: Seasonic X750
CPU: i5-2500K
Cooler: HR-02 Macho
Video: 6950 Twin Frozr III
Motherboard: ASRock Z68/USB3 (Trying to RMA at the moment it detects ghost microphones plugged in even when nothing is)
HDD: WD Blue (SSD when I get rich)
DVD: Out of my old machine
Scythe Kama Cabinet Pro (cheap but awesome for emptying my pockets into at lans)
Internal XBOX 360 wireless dongle wired to reset button (testing, it gets bad reception right now)
Flip up handle (Coming soon when it's delivered and I can measure and cut a hole for it)
Internal network switch (testing, my plan to mount in an open PCI slot doesn't quite fit so I'm evaluating other locations)

Thinking about getting a tj08 but i was wondering will my corsair ax1200 fit nicely?

Thinking about getting a tj08 but i was wondering will my corsair ax1200 fit nicely?

Yes as long as you don't have optical drives (or maybe if you use a super short optical drive).

I'm in the same boat too, thinking about buying the case but will my 6970 fit with the hdds in?

Yes, the video cards are above the HDDs. Long video cards actually are designed to rest on top of the HDD cage. There is a rubber pad for the top of it to make sure they don't touch the metal.

The case is not long enough to fit both a long PSU like the AX1200 with its modular cables and a regular sized DVD since the slots are at the same height as the PSU.

I just put together a build with this case, and I love the case, first time I have ever managed to get amazing cable management done in 10 years of building. However the AP181 fan is a loud demon(especially to my ears, previously coming from a near-silent case). Does anybody have a good recommendation for a replacement fan that can push enough air to retain positive pressure with an Antec Kuhler 620 in the back, but still quieter than the AP181?

I just put together a build with this case, and I love the case, first time I have ever managed to get amazing cable management done in 10 years of building. However the AP181 fan is a loud demon(especially to my ears, previously coming from a near-silent case). Does anybody have a good recommendation for a replacement fan that can push enough air to retain positive pressure with an Antec Kuhler 620 in the back, but still quieter than the AP181?

I have my AP181 undervolted to around 600rpm where still moves a decent amount of air and its not as noisy, im using a zalaman fanmate 2 but i seen people running Gene Z with the 0902 bios that are running at 600rpm via bios. Else check Phobia 180mm (its 25mm not 32mm but works fine, a couple have made the switch).

Are you able to hook the fan up to a MB header and control it with your bios or a program like speedfan? On mine I can get it to run down to ~400rpm through software control hooked up to my mobo. Just make sure you have it on the high setting if you try that. On high you can turn it down lower than on low.

Do any of you know if you are able to put a 3.5" in the bottom bay while there is a 2.5" SSD in the slot below it?

Do any of you know if you are able to put a 3.5" in the bottom bay while there is a 2.5" SSD in the slot below it?

It should work. The 2.5" is screwed in through the bottom of the case, and is fully separated from the 3.5" above it, so there shouldn't be a problem.

What do you mean by the "bottom bay?" The bottom of the four HD slots in the HD bay or the very bottom 3.5"/2.5" bay?

I have an issue with my TJ08-E build and i was wondering if anyone on here could help. For a couple weeks now it keeps restarting about 5s after i shut it down. I checked my SSD for errors, nothing came up. I checked my RAM one at a time with no issues. In the system recovery i unchecked the box to automatically restart and i dont see any errors popping up during shut down or start up. I dont know if this is the right thread or not but if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

well i know this is the wrong thread to reply to your problem but its mobo related mate - had the same issue with my ECS H67H2-m black deluxe mobo - got the voltages straightened out and it was fixed.

The chances are slim at this moment unfortunately. Sales of silver colored cases has really declined over the last few years.

Black is the new beige. I wish SilverStone would release a silver version of this case too.

I brought this case. So right now I'm just waiting on Ivy Bridge so I can do my build hopefully next month whatever Intel releases their chips.

I've been trying to decide on a good cpu cooler. I looked at closed loop watercooling such as Corsair H60 or the Antec Kuhler but my biggest grip is leaking and pump failure. I thought about doing the good old fashioned cooler with fan such as the CoolerMaster HyperN 520, Coolermaster V8 or Zalman.

My future build I want to last as long as possible and keep the system at least 7 to 10 years. Is there any specific coolers to avoid if I plan to use the tall heatspreaders on the RAM?

thanks, has anyone had experience doing something like that? would it be hard to do?

Maybe an FM181? Have to think ball bearings and more control over RPM must be quieter than sleeve bearings.

I always thought sleeve bearings made for more quiet fans (though they don't last as long as fans with ball bearings).

has anyone cut a window for this case yet?

Im looking into it. Im not very good with those types of things though lol and i don't really like the look of that u channel stuff people use. I was curious if there was a company that could put a window in a side panel.

Performance-PCs does these types of modifications if you send your side panel to them.

The temperature of my Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z/GEN3 up to 60 degrees by carrying out office automation, Internet browsing and listening to music with iTunes, this is normal?
Specy used to monitor temperatures and values of the rest are correct, I do not understand, the program is problem or a problem with the motherboard.

I show my comfiguracion, I have the machine delivered yesterday ...
Silverstone a TJ08-E
Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z/GEN3
Intel Core i5 2450P 3.2Ghz Box Socket 1155
Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B + 1 Noctua NF-F12 PWM
Asus EAH6770 DC SL/2DI/1GD5 (Graphic Card passive)
Corsair Vengeance XMP PC3-12800 DDR3 1600 8GB 2x4GB CL9
SSD 120GB OCZ Agility 3
WD Caviar Green 1.5TB SATA2 64MB
Seasonic X-Series 660W Gold Modular
1 Noctua NF-F12 PWM (rear)

I have the front fan of the box with the low speed is 700rpm, if I put it to at high speed 1200 rpm no change in temperature of the motherboard.

Last edited:
for those of you that are using water cooling kits (H60, H80, etc...) what type of orientation are you using for you rad fans? push/pull intake as Corsair suggests or exhaust push/pull from the AP181?

Back