Silverstone SX700-LPT 700W Platinum SFX-L

Considering how much we nit-pick about the noise of the SX600-G and SX500-LG, they're probably taking their time to make sure it's solid, at least that's my hope.

I talked to Tony a few days ago and the SX700-LPT production was pushed back a few weeks due to a part delay. I'm not sure how long it will take until we see units in stock at retailers though.

Several months is my guess. First batch probably takes month to produce, then they are going on shipping boats to US and Europe, which takes another month.

So I just saw this on Lian Li's site
Lian-Li Global | PE-750
So there is a another 700W+ SFX-L in town.

there is a silverstone expo tomorrow, they are going to reveal more info about the 700W and the 650W PSUs, and other products also... But we only care about the 700W PSU right? :)

Did anyone noticed something a bit off with Lian Li's photo?
Lian-Li_PE-750_photoshop.jpg

Looks to me they were in a hurry to upstage our little expo event in Japan over the weekend by announcing this product way earlier than they suppose to. Showing off a prototype is fine, but putting one up on their site implying the product is available is probably not a smart move when production date is unknown.

In case you are wondering, below are links to reports of the event we hosted over the weekend:
エルミタージュ秋葉原 – 新ゲーミングケース“PRIMERA”シリーズ始動。「SilverStone EXPO 2016 Spring」開催
光る新PCケース「PM01」などを披露したSilverStoneの発表会

OK it says in there that:

> ...the "SFX-L" form factor "SST-SX700-LPT"... Released in May plan, the price is tax 26,000 yen.

Which is about $240 USD. Released in May? Then that is next month.

Too bad it doesn't specify which region(s). Perhaps we can assume the reference was to Japan, given that the price was quoted in Yen and its all Japanese hosted Expo etc.

OK it says in there that:

> ...the "SFX-L" form factor "SST-SX700-LPT"... Released in May plan, the price is tax 26,000 yen.

Which is about $240 USD. Released in May? Then that is next month.

Too bad it doesn't specify which region(s). Perhaps we can assume the reference was to Japan, given that the price was quoted in Yen and its all Japanese hosted Expo etc.

It actually states that it will be around 26,000 yen PLUS tax, which is about twice what the SX500-LG goes for here in Japan. Then again there is a big markup in Japan on some Silverstone products (I think Silverstone needs to have a serious talk to Dirac, their supplier over here), as I had to pay around 130 USD for my RVZ02 which retails in the US for around 70 USD, and even then I paid somewhat less than the RRP over here.

It also states that the SX700-LPT will be released in May (Japan release dates I assume), with the 500W/600W versions in June. Havnt heard of a 600W SFX-L version being released, but Tony mentioned a new version of the 500W where the fan stays on.

Last edited:
View attachment 1864

Looks to me they were in a hurry to upstage our little expo event in Japan over the weekend by announcing this product way earlier than they suppose to. Showing off a prototype is fine, but putting one up on their site implying the product is available is probably not a smart move when production date is unknown.

In case you are wondering, below are links to reports of the event we hosted over the weekend:
Yup, definitely looked like some sort of photoshop.

Another month, another bump. Any news Tony? Even if its a: "this will be shipping by end-of-month" OR "delayed another month" update.

I've reserved building my new system until the new Pascal cards come out, so by then if this isn't out, I'll be going Corsair as well.

The first shipments have gone out already so those of you in Asia should expect to see them on shelves sometimes this week or next. For users in North America, retail availability should be in about two weeks while those of you in Europe will have to wait until early June.

omg, two weeks? that's the best news i've read in a long time here in sff systems!!!

Thanks Tony Ou and Silverstone!!!

The first shipments have gone out already so those of you in Asia should expect to see them on shelves sometimes this week or next. For users in North America, retail availability should be in about two weeks while those of you in Europe will have to wait until early June.
That's awesome. I'll probably just stick with a lower wattage one though with video cards becoming more power efficient unless I'm planning on a SLI setup in a small case.

That's awesome. I'll probably just stick with a lower wattage one though with video cards becoming more power efficient unless I'm planning on a SLI setup in a small case.

I might not need all 700W right now, but since I buy PSUs so infrequently, I might as well get something that could handle a future build that might have different requirements. The SX700 is probably as close as future-proof as I'll get, since it can fit in almost any conventional case and can handle SLI. And even for now it's still attractive since it's 80+ Platinum, and will hopefully be pretty quiet with its semi-fanless operation.

Heck, what if someday I feel like spending $1500 to get a Radeon Pro Duo in an SFF mini-ITX case, and I need more than 2 8-pin PCI-E connectors? AFAIK the SX700 is the only option.

Do you think the Silverstone SFX700-LPT will be better than the Corsair SF600?

How long will it take until there are some reviews vs the SF600? Would like to Build my M1 Case soon in 3 Weeks..... but dont know which PSU I should choose now!

It depends on what you need and how optimistic you are. The Corsair SF600 has already had a bunch of reviews showing it is a very goo SFX PSU. The Silverstone SX700-LPT is an SFX-L PSU (slightly longer) with 100W more power and a 80+Platinum rating. If 550-600W is what your components need, I'd wait for the Silverstone's reviews and bite the bullet. If all you are going to do is use a single GPU (so no Radeon Pro Duo or other dual-GPUs), 450-500W will probably be plenty.

So maybe it's better to post what configuration you are thinking of using.

Any updates? It's been 2 weeks...
You're not alone in your impatience, I keep checking newegg multiple times a day :p

I keep waiting for Aibohphobia to post his reviews, because if the PE750 is of similar quality, or made by the same OEM, I'll just buy that instead of waiting for Silverstone. I'm amazed that nobody else has reviewed the PE750 yet.

because if the PE750 is of similar quality

I know what are you saying, and i'm OK with Lian-Li's products/quality...

But Silverstone is Silverstone, and i trust them more, even if those PSU's are "exactly the same" (same OEM) but with a diferent shell...

Also i like the Silverstone logo... just saying :p

I can't wait!

The fan behavior seems promising! Hopefully more reviews will come in soon. I unfortunately bought a sf600 a few weeks ago, so I probably won't purchase this unless it turns out that adding a gtx 1070 somehow makes the fan on the sf600 act poorly. But it's still nice to see that the wait has paid off for those who had the patience.

He actually got it a few days ago and already wrote a review
Aibohs review sample was air shipped to him directly last week, ahead of the rest of the retail units which are shipped on a ship or something. Tylerrob's post refers to retail units entering the US, which hopefully means they are by now on the way to neweggs distribution warehouse.

I've messaged Silverstone, they said that we should expect them in Europe around June 15th and in the UK around June 20th.

Seems promising. Just hope there won't be a v1.1 in the next batch where they have fixed something. Better send an early review sample to someone, gather some feedback, adjust if something is needed, and then ship final product.

Aibohs review sample was air shipped to him directly last week, ahead of the rest of the retail units which are shipped on a ship or something. Tylerrob's post refers to retail units entering the US, which hopefully means they are by now on the way to neweggs distribution warehouse.

I see, thanks for clearing that up!

View attachment 1864

They still beat you to market so i find this comment of showing things before you should highly amusing.

Don't throw stones from glass houses and all that.

Reactions: Jspr
like this
They still beat you to market so i find this comment of showing things before you should highly amusing.

Don't throw stones from glass houses and all that.

Yeah they did beat us to market with a "detuned SilverStone SX800-LTI" by a couple of weeks if we are looking at US availability. But they still jumped the gun by posting on their site earlier than they should with an unfinished/un-certified product. Their China release back in May was also unofficial as they had not yet obtained the required China Compulsory Certificate (CCC) to sell such a product there.

Yeah they did beat us to market with a "detuned SilverStone SX800-LTI" by a couple of weeks if we are looking at US availability.
Ah so the SX800-LTi is in US stores this month ? Excellent, no need to wait for the SX700-LPT !

Back