Silverstone SG14 is coming in July!

Sparky

2[H]4U
I have my Asrock X299E-ITX/ac, my 4x8Gb RAM, CPU is on back order. I needed a case with 240mm AIO support.
My last build was a SG13 with a 5960x, Asrock X99E-ITX/ac, and a Titan XP back in 2015.
I emailed Silverstone support.

(Me) When is the SG14 going to market? For the past 3 years the prototype SG14 has been shown at trade shows.

(Them) We show three different prototypes of this case but finally we showed the final version on CES 2020 and it will be available around July.

Just watched a video. Looks cool.

I currently have a massive Corsair 800D case but I want something more cube related just for space. This might be it.

Finally moved the PSU to the front where it always should have been. I have 2 SG13 and Ive seen a few people move their PSU to the front to give more options for the CPU and get fans near the MB/VRM. I doubt I'll be upgrading anytime soon, I just swapped my parts to a new 10.1 liter case with full size GPU and standard ATX that I can shoehorn 360mm worth of rad into (a 240+120). Still like the cube case but thermals... Meh. SG14 looks little better but it's hard to judge without hands on.

Last edited:
This became way bigger than SG13 but to accomodate full size 3 slot cards I guess it had to be done.

Now we know why it had to be done if I was going to fit a 3090 into it.

They are for sale at aerocooler. Normal places in a few days.

Last edited:
It came today. Its like Bigfoot where the pics are always blurred. I have it compared to my SG-13B.
The stripe which looked yellow in other pics is actually brushed copper/bronze color.
0911201607-00.jpg
0911201609-00.jpg
0911201610-00.jpg

Looks good. The SG13 was too small for any real airflow. Also, I had to grind off a piece of metal to make it work. Eventually went back to a tower mITX case.

omg that thing is looking rather large compared to the sg13. I have 2 SG13's and I think those are probably about as large as I would go with a cube case, the SG14 looks like it grew in all directions (by little amounts, but it adds up). My other ITX is a console style which I like as much if not better (really depend son where it's sitting honestly). Yes, I have 3 ITX desktops at my house... it's not that bad, I also have 3 full size ATX desktops as well, so I'm 50/50 when it comes to going small or big, lol.

I watched the video from above. This thing is way too big and that is a common problem with mITX cases. They all assume you will be spending $2000 on a GPU so they are unnecessarily long to support said GPU.
I've gone though a few cases and I currently use a NZXT h210. I think it is the best out there. These shoe box cases are designed to be put on a desk and I'd like minimal footprint. This case is less useful than a tower.

I watched the video from above. This thing is way too big and that is a common problem with mITX cases. They all assume you will be spending $2000 on a GPU so they are unnecessarily long to support said GPU.
I've gone though a few cases and I currently use a NZXT h210. I think it is the best out there. These shoe box cases are designed to be put on a desk and I'd like minimal footprint. This case is less useful than a tower.

Shoebox designs are best way to maximize available space though so if footprint isn't a issue and you need to have lower height, they work really well. For minimal footprint, our RVZ, FTZ, and ML cases are really good for that purpose, though they have their own set of compromises.

Optimum Tech reviewed it the other day, he was not a fan, to put it lightly:

So you can fit a Noctua NH-D15 in this case? I bought serveral SG13 cases they were the best mini itx sff case. I moved to Fractal meshify c mini to be able to use a D-15 3900x . This new SG14 looks like hey improved the shortcomings of the SG13. I will take the longer length for those improvements.

Optimum Tech reviewed it the other day, he was not a fan, to put it lightly:

That's my fault there for not communicating more clearly with him that the SUGO 15 we sent was not a mass a production sample. Therefore the finish, scratchy aluminum thumb screws, manually-cut strips he showed in the video are not representative of what customer will get when it launches.

Basically get the NR200 instead as it is a better case...
Optimum Tech definitely seems to favor the NR200 as he didn't see SUGO 14's main advantages of 5.25" bay (didn't even mention this in the video), compatibility for larger air coolers, factory default ATX PSU mount, and dual orientation with two sets of case feet included to be worthwhile. SUGO 15's inclusion of Type-C port and higher quality nylon filter were not mentioned as well. Performance figures were conducted without filters included from the factory (assuming he did the same for all cases tested, but wouldn't most users keep the filters on?) and SUGO 14 was oriented in horizontal position instead of vertical, which could have given advantage to the NR200.

While I had expected that Optimum Tech would still like the NR200 better since it follows the formula of boutique cases such as NCASE M1 and Dan A4, I didn't think he would put our cases down that much for trying to do something different!

Last edited:
Back