SIGNAL RGB - Anyone Using It?

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
I installed it. It seems like it can work. I just can't figure out how to assign shit to it. Everything is lit, or was lit lol.

I tried it and didn't quite like it. From what I could tell you couldn't assign colors to specific devices/zones. Just had to rely on the colors and patterns of the themes. I switched to OpenRGB instead and like that a lot more.

I tried it and didn't quite like it. From what I could tell you couldn't assign colors to specific devices/zones. Just had to rely on the colors and patterns of the themes. I switched to OpenRGB instead and like that a lot more.
You can, but it's in a seperate area. Anyway, I can't seem to unlike teh 12V and ARGB 5V circuits in SIGNAL. I'll try Open RGB.

I use it and like it. Works great with my Asus M/B, Evga 3070, Trident RAM & Prism cooler. I wanted one app that controlled them all. I just go for a static color (red) so nothing fancy. I will have to give Open RGB a look though. Thanks for mention it.

I found out that the reason is because Signal uses channels to assign devices. It's horrible, unless you have a true hub, like Corsair where you plug the hub into an internal USB connector. It that sense, each pin attachment is it's own channel. That's how Signal works. It's stupid really, because most people who are into lighting have multiple devices/strips.blocks/fans etc, and they use the MB header to send the signal to all of them using a "splitter hub" which is not the same thing as a "channel hub" like a Corsair ICU hub.

So what signal does is look at yuor motherboard RGB risers, and if you have one, you can assign ONE device to it. It would seem intuitive that you could tell Signal to use one device that has the total number of LEDS that your devices have, and it would work just like any internal header using Fusion etc. However, it just doesn't work correctly.

That, and on my board I have ONE ARGB 5V and ONE RGB 12V and Signal picked both up as 5V and connected the 5V to the 12V control.

I'm not having any luck getting OpenRGB to open on startup. Anyone have any tips? I set the options to startup in the app. Other than that, it works great and I think it is lighter on the CPU allowing lower idle temps.

Back