Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Haven’t posted my setup in a while. It’s pretty clean I think! My main gaming pc is in the closet behind the wall my desk sits on

Setup is a CX 48" OLED in the middle on a pole mount so it can sit as far back as possible. 27" LG G-sync 1440p 144hz monitors on either side on monitor arms.

Desk is an Ikea Gerton top finished in a few coats of polyurethane on a monoprice single motor sit/stand desk

Attachments

• A5A2468F-E8C7-4176-9881-3806088826B5.jpeg
    A5A2468F-E8C7-4176-9881-3806088826B5.jpeg
    518 KB · Views: 0
Oh look who finally upgraded from 21.5 Dell U2211 60hz monitors... after 10yrs~ (don't remember I think I've had these since 2011.) blah blah found these for pretty good price $239ea on amazon last week ViewSonic XG2705-2K 27" 1440P 144hz monitors. for the money I'm quite pleased so far.. my 1st monitor I bought was a ViewSonic haven't bought one of their monitors since about 1999~ I guess (it was a 17" CRT as I recall?). Since video cards are basically impossible to buy and I have a RX580 I didn't want to go higher res than this right now ?? whatever price was nice and gaming at 144hz has been rather nice change .. don't want to go bigger as I'm not getting rid of any of my speakers =P but yes welcome me to 2016~ or so I guess (no idea.. you get the joke I am aware these are not the very cutting edge but whatever?).

Also Yes the protective film is still on these waiting a day or so incase of "issues" making me want to return one or both... so far so good however. built in speakers suck less than I figured they would also btw.
20211216_180733.jpg

Last edited:
What Hotwheel is that on the right? Treasure Hunt?
HW Race Day Volvo 850 Estate (2/10) ... I drove a volvo wagon for many years in College and afterwards (about a decade of volvo wagon driving.. car had 245,000 miles on it when I sold it) .. as I recall they had a display of HW at the Von's and I placed it in the cart over my wife's objections =p I mostly got it because I still have a soft spot for Volvo Wagon's / Estate's ...

20211216_194353.jpg

HW Race Day Volvo 850 Estate (2/10) ... I drove a volvo wagon for many years in College and afterwards (about a decade of volvo wagon driving.. car had 245,000 miles on it when I sold it) .. as I recall they had a display of HW at the Von's and I placed it in the cart over my wife's objections =p I mostly got it because I still have a soft spot for Volvo Wagon's / Estate's ...

View attachment 422714
Epic car. Volvo raced one for one year only in the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) in 1994, nicknamed the Battle Tank. At that time the rules were no aero packages so the station wagon was almost as fast as the sedan, but it made for better advertising to help try and shed the staid Volvo image from the late 80's/early 90's. The following year the rules were changed so they switched to the sedan, a damn shame!

https://drivetribe.com/p/battle-tan...N89RTfyG27raHpObQw?iid=TGEA9c4mQgS2fvpgPdSA2A

850TWR.jpeg

Last edited:
Asus VG35VQ

$370 on Black Friday from Newegg... the jump from 25 in 1080p ultra wide to this (1440p) has been mind blowing. Some of the best money I ever spent on my computer.
Nice buy! I have been rocking a 27"1440p 144Hz for the last 5 years, but it's an IPS panel and I'm not sure if I want to go back to VA - unfortunately IPS ultrawides are still too pricey for me :(

Nice buy! I have been rocking a 27"1440p 144Hz for the last 5 years, but it's an IPS panel and I'm not sure if I want to go back to VA - unfortunately IPS ultrawides are still too pricey for me :(

I haven’t noticed any ghosting, but I’m also not the guy playing stuff at 120 FPS as I’m still on a Vega 64... for me this is probably it til OLED

Asus VG35VQ

$370 on Black Friday from Newegg... the jump from 25 in 1080p ultra wide to this (1440p) has been mind blowing. Some of the best money I ever spent on my computer.
How's the image quality?

Does the aspect ratio cause any problems?

How's the image quality?

Does the aspect ratio cause any problems?

Image quality is great, way better than my old TN panel. Colors are bright and vivid—ignore the online “expert” that advises you to put it in race mode (he must be colorblind). I’ve been playing a lot of Hades recently (kind of a devil may cry meets symphony of the night roguelike) with zero ghosting or tearing issues.

The Aspect ratio has given me no problems whatsoever. If you play MOBAs it might take a second to get used to the added real estate, and I had to relearn where to sit in front of the screen so I can see it all at once, but nothing I’ve played had problems. I’m not sure I would ever go back to 16:9. Productivity is nice too with being able to have two full windows open (one snapped to each side of the screen).

Hope this helps!

Yeah, I love ultrawide. Used to run triple monitors, and that was great, but I get close to that experience with a single ultrawide.

VA is okay. I personally use IPS now, but I've owned a few VA monitors and they are fine (definitely better than TN). The thing with VA is that still images are superior to anything (except maybe OLED, but not like you can buy OLED monitors anyhow).

The colors, the contrast, the "pop", VA looks amazing. However, the ghosting and trailing in motion can be an issue depending on the panel. I'd say it's still acceptable, and still worth it if you can't afford an IPS.

Image quality is great, way better than my old TN panel. Colors are bright and vivid—ignore the online “expert” that advises you to put it in race mode (he must be colorblind). I’ve been playing a lot of Hades recently (kind of a devil may cry meets symphony of the night roguelike) with zero ghosting or tearing issues.

The Aspect ratio has given me no problems whatsoever. If you play MOBAs it might take a second to get used to the added real estate, and I had to relearn where to sit in front of the screen so I can see it all at once, but nothing I’ve played had problems. I’m not sure I would ever go back to 16:9. Productivity is nice too with being able to have two full windows open (one snapped to each side of the screen).

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

I'm pretty happy with what I have - looking at the VG35VQ I am thinking I could be pretty happy with 2 or 3 of those as well. It could save me some pace too by sitting closer to the desk.

new setup
Very nice!

I'd love monitors like that on my work desk. When at the office I would have 1 of 2 in portrait, just don't have the correct monitor stands to do that at home.

What stands are you using? How did you manage this nifty trick?

Very nice!

I'd love monitors like that on my work desk. When at the office I would have 1 of 2 in portrait, just don't have the correct monitor stands to do that at home.

What stands are you using? How did you manage this nifty trick?

HUANUO Triple Monitor Stand - Full Motion Articulating Aluminum Gas Spring Monitor Mount Fit Three 17 to 32 inch LCD Computer Screens with Clamp, Grommet Kit.​

bought this from Amazon for like $140, yeah love this setup for work and stream

I thought I had uploaded a new picture but I didn't, forth monitor was added about a month after 3rd one. Don't really need 4 but good just in case I do 😆
Mainly for Emulation (Retrobat) or Xbox on bottom Monitor, youtube (or other video) on top, torrents on left, and general browsing on right.
pc.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I had uploaded a new picture but I didn't, forth monitor was added about a month after 3rd one. Don't really need 4 but good just in case I do 😆
Mainly for Emulation (Retrobat) or Xbox on bottom Monitor, youtube (or other video) on top, torrents on left, and general browsing on right.
View attachment 447192
...plus you can toss on a matrix32.scr and pretend you're in the Nebuchadnezzar !

Posted my last set up here a while ago, upgraded to a triple 27" 165hz setup for about six months, then finally pulled the trigger on the 49" Odyssey G9. What an amazing monitor, and no issues (flickering/ghosting, black levels) as of yet. About two months in of ownership.

20210213_195717.jpg
20220506_211633.jpg
20220409_232742.jpg

I really want to get the g9 or g9 neo but that price tag is painful. They look so awesome and immersive. What I wanted my 3 1080p monitor setup to be in college.

Finished this a few months ago. I originally had a secondary monitor for media and system monitoring. I ultimately decided that I prefer the simplicity of a single screen...

Attachments

• 20220115_165836.jpg
    20220115_165836.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220129_232028.jpg
    20220129_232028.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220129_232018.jpg
    20220129_232018.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 0
I really want to get the g9 or g9 neo but that price tag is painful. They look so awesome and immersive. What I wanted my 3 1080p monitor setup to be in college.
I was not even shopping for a new monitor, i needed a new phone and went thru Samsung direct. The G9 was on sale for 999.00 and they offered 0% financing for two years, so i said fuck it you only live once. now i need a new GPU to really flex it as the 2070TI is struggling....waiting for the 3080ti to come down a little more before i pull the trigger on that.

Finished this a few months ago. I originally had a secondary monitor for media and system monitoring. I ultimately decided that I prefer the simplicity of a single screen...
Single screen definitely is superior. Those white Metas look great, too!

How do those JBL's sound?
Great if I don't have a monitor in front of them (gonna mount them over the monitors once I get wall mounts in, didn't have issues before the 3rd monitor). The are prone to ground loops, main issue with the speakers, so you need to isolate the power source.

I have a 15 inch touch screen that I found at work and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what I could do with it? I was thinking of using it for some sort of jukebox or for simple games. I use retrobat and still haven't looked into integrating into retrobat. Would be cool for touch games or ds/3ds games etc.... I don't really want to remove any monitors I have now so space will be cramped :( but I could mount it underneath and swing it up next to my keyboard so I can "touch" it. Or mount it inside the desk (cut hole + insert LOL).

Iors, what about the pre-amp and the power amplifer to run that tower speakers? I don't see it on the photo

Iors, what about the pre-amp and the power amplifer to run that tower speakers? I don't see it on the photo

I'm using a Yamaha RX-V375 AVR. That's all nothing special and pretty low budget. The whole 5.1 system cost me less than 1500$.

Last edited:
Just upgraded to a 9900KF from an 9600k, and got a Oculus Quest2, and new Aorus 43" 4k 144hz big screen paired with my 34" Curved UW in portrait mode. I do some development on that monitor, keep it for discord, slack, and also system monitoring.

IMG-4802.jpg

On the other side of this long desk, is a 5k LG 27" and a 5k 27" iMAC for strictly work purposes.

Back