Should I re-install Windows?

wandplus

Limp Gawd
Years ago I used to install drivers then do Windows Updates. The last time I was rushing and did the Windows Updates before installing drivers. So if I wanted to re-install certain drivers is it better to re-install Windows or is it realistic to just delete some drivers and then use the mobo manufacturer's drivers?

Oh dear. Visiting these forums resurrects very old memories. I was completely forgotten some OS need fresh install. My current OS is 16 years old, has been transferred to a new mobo a few times and had a few more hard drive upgrades. Reinstall my foot. Wife's PC is 5 years old, and so is the OS. But then again, I'm using the most user friendly OS ever, Gentoo. Anything you do in Gentoo can be undone, redone. There is never any need for reinstall, unless you miss the signals from a failing hard drive.

Years ago I used to install drivers then do Windows Updates. The last time I was rushing and did the Windows Updates before installing drivers. So if I wanted to re-install certain drivers is it better to re-install Windows or is it realistic to just delete some drivers and then use the mobo manufacturer's drivers?
Short answer, no.

Update the drivers if you feel the need. No requirement to reinstall.

Back