Should I ditch the Norco RPC 4224?

hadees

n00b
Right now I have a NORCO RPC-4224 however it seems like parts are hard to find for it.

I'm not currently having any problems but it seems like this might be the best time to upgrade it, before I have to try to find replacement parts.

The only issue is I'm not sure what to get. I would really love another rack mountable case that can use a ATX power supply so I can buy a quieter PSU.

The one thing I really don't need is hot swappable. It seems pretty standard but not super important to me.

If there isn't anything wrong with the current performance, and it isn't broken, and you aren't trying to meet a new objective, I don't see why you'd want to replace it.

Run until failure, then find a suitable replacement. That's a fairly pricey chassis, and it looks like you can still buy the whole thing. Norco doesn't really have a lot of competitors, aside from maybe Supermicro. If you move to Supermicro, you'll probably have replacement parts until you're tired of it.

I've still got an RPC-4224. I was lucky enough to get the mid-wall 120mm replacement, back when they were still being made. I've got no reason to swap until one of the backplanes dies.

i have couple norcos aswel but it is harder to find right sas backplanes for those.. there is atleast one dead hdd slot already in one case and it would be nice to replace.. back in the days i ordered some but those were wrong and didnt fit.. i got those yellow ones and i have green ones..

There is some competition like xcase and servercase uk if you are in EU side of the world.. i guess they can ship to murica if needed.. havent checked :)

Back