Should I be worried that my motherboard seems to keep having it's most recent BIOS update pulled?

I have a Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z490-AORUS-PRO-AX-rev-1x/support#dl

When I was checking out the motherboard in December, the last BIOS revision was F20 or something like that (Don't recall if it was called F20a or F20b or anything like that) that adds 11th Gen CPU support among some other enhancements.

I noticed that about a month or so ago however that this update had been pulled, leaving F7c as the latest update.

But when I finally started building my system early this month, I noticed that the F20 (again, don't recall if there was a letter at the end or if the letter changed) was back. So since this was a new build, first thing I did was update the bios

...... but just now as I was checking for any updates I noticed it was pulled again and F7c is the latest again....

Should I be worried that there is something wrong with the F20 bios my motherboard is currently on? I recall reading about how some AMD boards last gen had some bios updates pulled that enabled PCIe 4.0 support since it was apparently unstable, leaving them at PCie 3.0..... and adding 11th Gen Intel CPU support would do the same thing... not to mention this board has some features (including a third M.2 port) that would only be enabled with a 11th Gen CPU... but they just pulled the BIOS that enables 11th gen Intel CPU support twice. I worry that for whatever reason they will just permanently pull it like what happened with AMD. Although I understand that the 11th gen Intel CPUs aren't even officially out yet.

what browser are you using.. because something is weird on their website on my pc with Firefox.... I looked and only saw F7c and then I hit back a few times.. and sort of saw F20d for a second reloaded the bios section and now F20d showed up.

I don't think they are taking it down and putting it back up I think their is a bug or something with their website that it doesn't always show F20d ?? which is weird ... but once when I loaded the page with FF it show F7c and once it showed F20d.

Chrome, but I also just tried Watefox and Edge, and in all of them I only see two bioses, F5 and F7c.

Should probably point out that I also recently discovered that apparently there is some additional weirdness if you go to the standard version of their site like I linked, or the US version. The F20b bios seems to still show up in the US version, while it was showing up in the standard version but recently got removed.

hmm.. I'd probably give F20 a miss for now..and just go with F7c, unless you are having issues / need it for your set up..and wait / email gigabyte support for clarification?

Well, I am already on F20b, the first thing I did when I setup the board was update the BIOS. Which is why I am asking if it's problematic.

What I've seen from watching updates on my Gigabyte board is the lettered builds are betas, and they'll pull the current beta before releasing a new beta or the final build. Usually the new release happens on the same day they pull, but sometimes it's a week later.

So there's probably a known issue with your bios, but it might not affect you, and it probably won't be actually publicly documented. There's apparently a law that bios release change notes are simply improves stability and resolves USB issues. Regardless of what actually happened.

I've seen this occur in the past. I wouldn't worry about it unless you are experiencing a particular issue.

Back