SG05 ITX gaming / htpc

wa77ss

n00b
I recently built a Mini-ITX gaming machine, and it is hooked up to a 46" Samsung 1080p LCD in my living room.

Here is a list of the parts ..... before I changed a few minor things around ;)

This build will be very similair to what MIAHALLEN has done with "MAX11L". I have been aching to build an ITX rig for quite some time now, but just recently have we been able to achieve so much power in so little space.

Expect lots of build pictures soon to come. So here we GO! :comp:

PUSH PULL setup on the H50 gives you more room to wire manage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GPU 460GTX fits nicely, with about 1-2inches left at the end. However this is not enough room for the radiator to be mounted sideways with the hoses towards the GPU

This OCZ agility 2 drive came with 3.5inch conversion bracket, but it works perfectly for me to mount at least (1 )2.5" device such as my Agility 2 60GB. If you can make it out there are two holes on the top side of the bracket that line up perfectly with two holes above it in the picture on the frame of the case. Insert two screws two the bracket and secure the HDD to the bracket and you have it mounted flush on the inside of the case hiding any excess cabling from the front panel. I will provide a better picture if anyone is curious. There is room on the backside of the bracket for another 1-2 2.5"s, or a single 3.5" if you can figure out how to mount them (double sided mounting tape?).

Plenty of clearance for hoses, no horrible bends, just what you see here.

I found that the wires for perfect lengths on this case for my motherboard, if I took the time to lace them down I could hide them all together.

Pretty sweet build, pretty much copied MIA but his is way nicer :thup:

No drilling required here

After testing with the H50, I found the i5-650 never exceeds 50c under full load. And not to mention it is completely silent IMO, I can't hear the pump hardly at all and the fans are inaudible for me. That goes for when the TV is off too.

And on a side note, my PS3 is filthy!

Back