Serious Sam 4 Released

Available on Gog and Steam.

I guess there are some bugs. Probably better off to wait for bug fixes. Some are really bad. Looks like a rushed game.

I mean, how many different ways can they have you hit a switch and have 400000 enemies swarm?

I liked the first and second encounters, the rest weren't for me. I still do back and play those occasionally.

It looks like an almost exact copy of Serious Sam 3, not very innovative really.

I mean, Doom is playing a similar play book though visually things do look better on that front.
For a smaller team they've done some great stuff with large spaces and lots of enemies without killing your computer. Best game ever? Not even close. Fun run and gun for a while with great CO-OP, yup.

I enjoyed the first Serious Sam as a LAN game to play with friends in real life.
I haven't been much interested in any of the later releases though.

I watched one reviewon this and it looks like garbage. It made it seem like Bethesda made the game. Buggy and rushed. The guy i watched it looks worse than 3.

3 wasn't that great. Sam as no place for 'story' and characters, it is what made first and second encounter so great. Even to day, they hold up as amazingly fun and beautiful games. 3/4 are like dull brown Quake 1 inspired meh.

I'm a few hours in and I am enjoying it. Haven't experienced any game crushing bugs. Not sure what the rest of the game will bring but I expect more mayhem.

Looks like a fair number of bugs were fixed on release, while pre-release reviewers received a complete mess. Probably some communication issues between the dev and the publishers.

Either way looking like a regular Serious Sam game to me, and that can only be good.

What the hell. Forgot this came out! Suprised it's not gettin more hits here, but whatever. Buy.

What the hell. Forgot this came out! Suprised it's not gettin more hits here, but whatever. Buy.

Yep, loved all the previous installements and I picked this up on launch day. Looking forward to trying it after I finish up the new DLC for Outer Worlds.

Well the Steam Reviews, over 5000 overall have a Very Positive rating. Will have to pick this up once I play through some of the games I have.

The story is atrocious - the action is my favorite out of any Serious Sam game to date. Enemy counts at the end of the levels are regularly 500+ starting around 4 (?) levels in.

I just dual wielded miniguns and gibbed an enemy onslaught and it was wonderful. I stick to around 90fps @ 1440p on Ultra and have yet to experience a noticeable hitch during combat.

Wrapped the game up today and it was a great time. Definitely you should skip the majority of the cutscenes. There's maybe 3 or 4 laughs that hit out of all of them and there are a couple dozen cutscenes.

The game is reasonably difficult on Hard and I could see it being required to use your gadgets intelligently on Serious which I have no intention of playing.

Having a blast in this game, did not expect that from some of the bad reviews. The reviews on Steam are also rating the game highly. For me it has the feel of First and 2nd encounters. Bought it on sale on Steam, glad I did.

Is it VR? The old versions in VR have been fun but the stand alones have a short shelf life, but fun. Looking to the next level from these guys. Fuck pancake. Did they do it?

Having a blast in this game, did not expect that from some of the bad reviews. The reviews on Steam are also rating the game highly. For me it has the feel of First and 2nd encounters. Bought it on sale on Steam, glad I did.
Likewise, I've been pleasantly surprised with it. Am enjoying the secondary missions as well as the new weapons. No spoilers, but just when I thought it was over, it began completely over again!

Is it VR? The old versions in VR have been fun but the stand alones have a short shelf life, but fun. Looking to the next level from these guys. Fuck pancake. Did they do it?
Not at this time, not sure if they will but if one is not too prone to motion sickness this would be a blast.

For anyone interested, Serious Sam 4 is on sale for $15.99 right now.

At that price I picked it up and so far having fun, feels like Serious Sam 3 to me at about two hours in. I think Father Mikhail was inspired by Father Grigori from Half Life 2. :sneaky:

Another game I see tons of performance complaints about, but yet runs great on the low buck potato in my sig. (1st gen Core i7, 12GB DDR3, GTX745 4GB GDDR3:ROFLMAO:) I game on a 32" TV at 1366x768 with FPS limited to 30, and with tweaking the settings extensively, game looks great and runs very smooth with only a very occasional stutter. Funny thing is my beast of a GPU is running at 724MHz while playing the game instead of it's normal 1124MHz likely because of the frame rate limiter so this game with my settings really doesn't work the GPU very hard lol.

Am I reading that right? Sam 3 is only 3 bucks? I might give in and try it at that price.

The original game was a good deal for only twenty bucks, but when they upgraded the visuals for 3, they upgraded the price. :D

Considering there is no plot, I want my cheap shooter; but after being burned by Serious Sam 2 (using the exact same engine as SS1), I got bored. Luckily Croteam got it right this time, and released an updated engine!

If SS3 has that old magic, I'll be sure to put SS4 on my buylist.

Last edited:
Am I reading that right? Sam 3 is only 3 bucks? I might give in and try it at that price.

The original game was a good deal for only twenty bucks, but when they upgraded the visuals for 3, they upgraded the price. :D

Considering there is no plot, I want my cheap shooter; but after being burned by Serious Sam 2 (using the exact same engine as SS1), I got bored. Luckily Croteam got it right this time, and released an updated engine!

If SS3 has that old magic, I'll be sure to put SS4 on my buylist.
Yes. SS3 BFE is $3.99 on Steam currently. All the SS3 DLC and bonus packs are on sale too. Think most here would agree 3 is a far better game than 2. Though I did really enjoy certain levels in SS2, the game as whole was worst of the series.

Don't forget there is SS first encounter and second encounter (not ss2). Both of which have updated HD versions at $1.49 and $1.99, respectively.

Back