Series S upscaling to 4k...how?

jarablue

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a Q70T tv with an hdmi 2.1 port and a high speed 2.1 cable (not the one that came with the series s) how do I get the series s to upscale to 4k? Is this done automatically? Or is there a setting per game? My setting on the series s video options are 4k 120hrtz right now. Will that enable the series s to upscale? Thanks!

The Xbox will be outputting (technically upscaling) all games at 4K as long as you have that set in the console display settings. The games of course will be rendered at a much lower resolution and upscaled from there with whatever internal upscaling methods they use, if any.

Regardless, it's all transparent to you and you shouldn't have to do anything besides set your output resolution in the console settings. Otherwise, some games will let you toggle between higher resolution or performance in their own in-game settings menus.

I have a Q70T tv with an hdmi 2.1 port and a high speed 2.1 cable (not the one that came with the series s) how do I get the series s to upscale to 4k? Is this done automatically? Or is there a setting per game? My setting on the series s video options are 4k 120hrtz right now. Will that enable the series s to upscale? Thanks!
Yes, your 4K 120 Hz display setting will make the console upscale the image to 4K.

Back