Sell 5700XT for 6700XT?

Ehren8879

Supreme [H]ardness
Gamer ethics aside, what does everyone think of flipping a 5700XT to a miner and picking up a 6700XT that's somewhat faster in gaming?

I've read some rumblings about people doing this.

Unless I can come out ahead or do it for a net-zero expense, I'm probably not interested in the hassle.

Gamer ethics aside, what does everyone think of flipping a 5700XT to a miner and picking up a 6700XT that's somewhat faster in gaming?

I've read some rumblings about people doing this.

Unless I can come out ahead or do it for a net-zero expense, I'm probably not interested in the hassle.
Did exactly that. The RX 5700 XT reference I bought in Fall 2019 for $330 was my daily driver for about a year before it moved onto my sister's PC, then we sold it to a miner for $900 in April 2021 to get her a RX 6700 XT Pulse (that we bought for $749 IIRC).

Last edited:
If you can still do it, it makes sense to do it now before GPU prices start to fall. After the inevitable correction as ETH starts moving to proof of stake, that 5700XT is probably a $200 card.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Makes a lot of sense. I traded a 6700xt to a gamer here in exchange for their 5700xt and some cash. Both sides win pretty much. 6700xt's seem to be selling for less than 5700xts now on ebay so you could probably just sell it there and buy a 6700xt with the proceeds.

If you can still do it, it makes sense to do it now before GPU prices start to fall. After the inevitable correction as ETH starts moving to proof of stake, that 5700XT is probably a $200 card.
This. I wanted to flick my v64 off while it was 700usd+ (300$ profit after 2+ years use lol) but I don't have my backup 290x anymore x:

This. I wanted to flick my v64 off while it was 700usd+ (300$ profit after 2+ years use lol) but I don't have my backup 290x anymore x:
DISCLAMER: I am not a scalper. I just took advantage of the opportunity when it presented itself, MMKAY?
That's kind of what I did. I bought a v56 about 2 years ago for $500, and used it the entire time (mining, of course), then I sold it a few months ago for $700+ on ebay. Badabing-badabang. So there we go.

Last edited:
Back