seeking advice on AM4 motherboard for aournd 100 bucks

SvenBent

2[H]4U
I got an older ryzen 1700 that since i bought it hte motherboard had some stability issues (Crashed in 20-40 mins of prime 95). i know its the motherboard cause a friend lend me a test mobob and it ran 16hours stable with that one.

My budget is around 100 bucks for a new one. i would love for it to be upgrade able to a newer generation of CPU since this might be my next upgrade
I currently have an ASRock X370 Gaming X

I'm brand agnostic
need 4 memory sockets as I need to get some more memory

I got an older ryzen 1700 that since i bought it hte motherboard had some stability issues (Crashed in 20-40 mins of prime 95). i know its the motherboard cause a friend lend me a test mobob and it ran 16hours stable with that one.

My budget is around 100 bucks for a new one. i would love for it to be upgrade able to a newer generation of CPU since this might be my next upgrade
I currently have an ASRock X370 Gaming X

I'm brand agnostic
need 4 memory sockets as I need to get some more memory
That msi b450m tomahawk above has all the best feature of b450 chipset, especially the vrm, so even 5950x will run at it's full capacity along with PBO.

Or if you can find, Asus B550M TUF for $100, then it would be better (PCIE 4.0). I've tried installing ryzen 1600x on this board and it can detect 1600x, run it on pbo (auto), and set the ram to 3200 c16 (4 slot populated with hynix cjr).

Have you tried updating your X370 board's BIOS?

MSI B450 Pro Carbon if you can find one at a good price; MSI B450 Tomahawk; Asrock B450/450M Pro4; Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite are all decent enough B450's. I suspect you might have a better chance of finding the Asrock Pro4 at a good price, they seemed to be pretty popular.

Also if you are running 4 sticks of ram try stock ram spped instead of xmp as could very well be memory issue. If no crash with stock you can troublehoot and tweak further from there. X370 was often very memory picky.

Thank you all,
Both suggested mobo looks to be around 150 which is a bit above what i have left in my budget after getting my graphics card

But it appears now that my computer is stable for 16hours of prime blend mode. So im tossing this on up to one of the bios updates must have done a trick

Back