Seasonic Vertex Series

Hello,

To keep you updated, VERTEX will be shipped to Newegg next week. So, only a matter of few days now before they reach them, and they start to ship. Thank you for your patience about this.

Best regards,

Hello,

To keep you updated, VERTEX will be shipped to Newegg next week. So, only a matter of few days now before they reach them, and they start to ship. Thank you for your patience about this.

Best regards,
Thank you for the update!

For a new build would it be better to go with buy a higher end Prime model and use a PCIE5 adapter or pickup a less efficient newer Vertex GX that has PCIE5 at current inflated prices?

For a new build would it be better to go with buy a higher end Prime model and use a PCIE5 adapter or pickup a less efficient newer Vertex GX that has PCIE5 at current inflated prices?
Technically ATX 3.0 as a whole is more efficient than ATX 2.0. Personally I would go with the Vertex GX but either one will work just fine.

Hello,

Best regards,

Woo-hoo! Now if only AMD would start shipping their new 3D CPU's I'd be getting somewhere.

Hello,

A quick message to give you some info:
  1. VERTEX is between FOCUS and PRIME Series.
  2. Reviews are on the way but will probably start to be available by February for the first ones. Should be at the same time (more or less) than stock on market in both US and Europe.
  3. VERTEX PX will come later this year. Schedule delay etc... But it's coming as well.
  4. If any other announcement for some new ATX 3.0 Series, we will make sure to provide all information needed. Meanwhile, our VERTEX will be there for anyone who need the most up to date PSU with ATX 3.0 specs.
Thanks !
Best Regards,

Do you know if modular cables we have for current Seasonic PRIME Series of PSUs are compatible with the VERTEX Series?

Do you know if modular cables we have for current Seasonic PRIME Series of PSUs are compatible with the VERTEX Series?
Definitely take the Seasonic reps word for it but I saw some reviews about the current prime series not having all the pins that an ATX 3.0 cable would have on the high power cable? The full 16 pins? Curious to know myself cause I've looked at the prime series but passed because they weren't 3.0 spec? Some clarification would be nice.

My Newegg ship date has changed from 2/10 to 2/3, so hopefully these will actually start shipping in quantity.

That is just the ETA release date. I see it updated on mine as well. Seasonic rep said that the shipment goes to newegg next week.

Definitely take the Seasonic reps word for it but I saw some reviews about the current prime series not having all the pins that an ATX 3.0 cable would have on the high power cable? The full 16 pins? Curious to know myself cause I've looked at the prime series but passed because they weren't 3.0 spec? Some clarification would be nice.
Yeah I figured there might be a yes-but-no sort of situation because of the ATX 3.0 spec, but basically trying to avoid re-wiring and cable managing the entire PC if I can safely avoid it.

My Newegg ship date has changed from 2/10 to 2/3, so hopefully these will actually start shipping in quantity.
I hope this is true. This is literally the last part of my new build that I'm waiting for.

Hello,

All the usual cables (ATX 24-pin, CPU, PCIe 8-pin, Molex and SATA) are the same as current FOCUS and PRIME Series. Of course, the native 12VHPWR cable is specific to VERTEX so not compatible with anything else than a VERTEX.

Best Regards,
Thank you.

Hello,

Best regards,
Hey,

Could you please provide a comment on availability for UK (and EU)? I have stumbled upon a reply from customer service team that states that "Recently we had to change the schedule of release of the VERTEX GX stock in Europe" and "we chose to postpone the release of the VERTEX GX power supplies to a later date". Could you kindly confirm if that is indeed the case and if the UK/EU customers should not expect any stock any time soon?

I would very much also like confirmation about Europe being delayed on the Vertex launch.
I'm holding back my complete build just for this PSU since December. If it gets delayed again till march I will probably have to just get the MSI MEG 1300 since it seems it will be in stock much faster here.

Yep, just received notice my credit card was charged from newegg. It's already in packaging!

Any feature differences between the different Vertex GX wattage tiers that would warrant sizing up to a larger unit than you expect to need like from 1000w to 1200w for example?

Thinking about things like keeping zero rpm mode active at higher wattages, extra connectors etc.?

Similarly, any pros of going with a lower wattage unit? All vertex units appear to be the same dimensions so going smaller doesn't appear to get you a physically smaller unit.

Hey,

Could you please provide a comment on availability for UK (and EU)? I have stumbled upon a reply from customer service team that states that "Recently we had to change the schedule of release of the VERTEX GX stock in Europe" and "we chose to postpone the release of the VERTEX GX power supplies to a later date". Could you kindly confirm if that is indeed the case and if the UK/EU customers should not expect any stock any time soon?
Hey there,

It's indeed a correct statement and we should know more about availability in Europe within the next 2 weeks. Difficult for now to give proper schedule for Europe but we will for sure keep anyone asking once we have more information.

Thank you.
Best Regards,

Last edited:
Does the Vertex line 12VHPWR port have it's own dedicated rail? I was thinking of using the Vertex with my 7900xtx, but if I don't need/use the 12VHPWR port, there would be 600 watts unavailable-since it's reserved for this port--if it has it's own dedicated rail.

Does the Vertex line 12VHPWR port have it's own dedicated rail? I was thinking of using the Vertex with my 7900xtx, but if I don't need/use the 12VHPWR port, there would be 600 watts unavailable-since it's reserved for this port--if it has it's own dedicated rail.
Hello,

No dedicated rail for the 12VHPWR connector. So, if you are not using it, the PCIe connectors can be used to power a graphic card (like your 7900XTX) without any problem.

Thank you.
Best Regards,

Seasonic Rep Thanks for your responses so far. Can you comment on expected availability at other US retailers (Amazon, BH Photo, etc.)? I have only found the Vertex listed at Newegg selling for a significantly more than MSRP.

Do the new high power excursion tolerances, associated with ATX 3.0 or PCIe 5.0, only apply when using the 12VHPWR connector or does it also apply to the other PCI-e connectors your gpu may be connected to? If so, then buying any ATX 3.0 PCIe 5.0 psu is pointless if you're not using the 12VHPWR connector.

Last edited:
Back