Seasonic FOCUS PX-750 fan makes an audible "click" or "ping" noise when shut down

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Recently purchased a Seaonic FOCUS PX-750 PSU. So far no issues except one minor one. When I turn off my computer the PSU will make an audible click or ping sound which comes from the fan. Seems to happen every time the PC is powered off. Never heard such a thing from any desktop PSU I've used before. I am wondering if this is normal for this model or if there is something wrong with the fan?

Could be a relay or just the fan spinning down. I wouldn’t be concerned.

Here is a video with audio. Doesn't really sound like the fan after listening to it a few times.

Not the end of the world, just never heard a PSU make such a loud ping at power off before so I thought it was odd.

So perfectly normal then? If so I'll keep it. Hoping it will last me 5-7 years.
I don’t hear that with my power supplies. I’m fact I never have but I do know what a relay sounds like. You could always drop customer service an email and link the video. They will give you the best answer.

So perfectly normal then? If so I'll keep it. Hoping it will last me 5-7 years.
Yes, for many Seasonic models, this is perfectly normal and expected. Mine sounds exactly the same as your video. I believe the relay is part of the circuitry to bypass the inrush current limiter once the PSU has started in order to boost efficiency. In other words, it's a small part of what makes these PSUs so damn good.

Yes, for many Seasonic models, this is perfectly normal and expected. Mine sounds exactly the same as your video. I believe the relay is part of the circuitry to bypass the inrush current limiter once the PSU has started in order to boost efficiency. In other words, it's a small part of what makes these PSUs so damn good.

Thanks. Sent a message to Seasonic a few days back anyways, will see if the respond. But seems like it is perfectly normal so no reason for me to worry.

Back