Sealed Hercules 3D Prophet 4500

erek

[H]F Junkie
The Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 is very common, but I love the Kyro II story. Finally managed to collect one that is more worthy of collecting which aside from a Kyro II SE / 4800 is a sealed unit such as seen here:

4500.jpg

MaximumPC Article

Awesome. I remember these, they where kind of a big deal as the price/performance ratio was really nice. Ah, the days when we had multiple GPU's options. I think then we had 4 still alive then? Although PowerVR and Matrox both struck out that generation and lead to our current duopoly.

Hail to the PowerVR Kyro 2 and the Matrox Parhelia. You where the last GPU's to do battle with Radeon's and GeForce's.

Awesome. I remember these, they where kind of a big deal as the price/performance ratio was really nice. Ah, the days when we had multiple GPU's options. I think then we had 4 still alive then? Although PowerVR and Matrox both struck out that generation and lead to our current duopoly.

Hail to the PowerVR Kyro 2 and the Matrox Parhelia. You where the last GPU's to do battle with Radeon's and GeForce's.
i also love the Matrox Parhelia, still awaiting a rare variant to collect... uncertain what that might look like ? ES / Prototype?

I still have mine floating around here somewhere.

MpoYdyx.jpg

They were decent cards... when they worked. Drivers for them were abysmal and really only worked on Windows 98SE/ME. There are drivers for 2000/XP, but I've never been able to get them to work reliably.

Reactions: erek
like this
The Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 is very common, but I love the Kyro II story. Finally managed to collect one that is more worthy of collecting which aside from a Kyro II SE / 4800 is a sealed unit such as seen here:

View attachment 430363

MaximumPC Article
Beautiful, thanks for sharing

Seeing the box gives me the chills. I didn't have that one, I don't even remember what model I had. But I remember the feeling of being part of something new and great

The feels man

We had a shrink wrap setup back in the day. How can you verify that that wasn't re-wrapped with something else inside the box?

I actually still have the Leaktek card and manual in the link pictured above the Hercules card. Man what a time to be alive

Reactions: erek
like this
I might be able to acquire a Club3D Kyro II 4500 from another hardforum member, since it's already cracked open i could be inclined to test it:

1641862339922.png

1641862364795.png

1641862398533.png

Back