SCORCHING: LG 32" FreeSync Premium monitor for $299

Do you by any chance play any of the turn ten games? can you load up a youtube of the turn ten opening and see if the black smearing bothers you then? i couldn't deal with it on a g5.
Unfortunately I wont be back home until first week of October but at least from rtings it seems the G5 has pretty bad response time causing noticeable black smearing

Saw this monitor at Costco this morning and was interested but nowhere, absolutely nowhere is the panel type mentioned. Not on the box, not on the display description, not on the website. Given that LG is known to play games with model numbers I've decided to look elsewhere.

Saw this monitor at Costco this morning and was interested but nowhere, absolutely nowhere is the panel type mentioned. Not on the box, not on the display description, not on the website. Given that LG is known to play games with model numbers I've decided to look elsewhere.
I have had 2 from Costco, they are VA.

Moire effect would bother me with a 32 inch 1440p monitor, 32 should be 4k if that sort of things bothers you (or sit further back)

Copy, paste, leads me to
https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-32gp750-b

Big bold font title at the top 32” UltraGear™ QHD IPS 1ms (GtG)
2nd line under key features, IPS 1ms (GtG)

That said, you do need to check model numbers very carefully, Costco is infamous with having model numbers that are slightly off from the "norm", but the model number should be listed on the box

Copy, paste, leads me to
https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-32gp750-b

Big bold font title at the top 32” UltraGear™ QHD IPS 1ms (GtG)
2nd line under key features, IPS 1ms (GtG)

That said, you do need to check model numbers very carefully, Costco is infamous with having model numbers that are slightly off from the "norm", but the model number should be listed on the box

Panel type should be listed on the box also.

The economy needs you. Part with that cash.
Hopefully the deal is still around in a couple of months. Pay the TV off at 0% apr when paid off in 6 months. I owe a little more than what the monitor costs on the TV. I have a Samsung G5 monitor right now so my monitor situation is not complete shit.

I have two Dell VAs with 144Hz Gsync 32” curved from awhile back the SBF32 or whatever when Best Buy had them on a good sale.

There are pros and cons but a very high quality IPS is probably still way better. The VA usually has better blacks iirc but there is something about my 5 year old IPS that’s still better even if it’s only 60Hz and 24”s.

I decided not to get it. I was put off by the fact that the didn't put the panel type anywhere it could be found. This is deceptive marketing, LG should be ashamed.

My search for a monitor goes on. Samsung is out of the question. I fucking hate their damned pseudo on off button. When I press the power button I expect the monitor to turn off.

Back