ScanDisk Z400s Windows's clean install issues

Macho

Weaksauce
A clean install of Windows 7, previously un-activated itself on this SSD. Far too much an advanced solid state technology in the era that
is was sold.
Now I attempted to re use it, with my HP Elitedesk 800 G2 mini 65w.

I went through a nightmare, when I had Windows 10 on a USB, when the Windows 10 installation media kept freezing up during the install.
the license key is in the bios, so it would be a legal install. The Windows 10 media changed its usual install, first warning about a network problem, and then rebooting to an unusual "critical update" "be patient" that took longer than usual. When I only one had a complete install, it was without
the features of negotiating through menu's, so I had to re install. Originally, I thought I had a problem with the CPU needing to be re set, but it was not that. Effects like the CPU is not set right. I have an Intel i5 6600.

The cure, was when I used a WD mechanical hard drive. The "old technology" was not to be superseded by SSD's too quickly back several years ago, but a new Kingston SSD, bought today will work ok.

Somehow, the Windows Corporation, looks up components such as my SSD, and it is in their records to do this with only a SSD of this era.
Is there a fix for this?

A clean install of Windows 7, previously un-activated itself on this SSD. Far too much an advanced solid state technology in the era that
is was sold.
Now I attempted to re use it, with my HP Elitedesk 800 G2 mini 65w.

I went through a nightmare, when I had Windows 10 on a USB, when the Windows 10 installation media kept freezing up during the install.
the license key is in the bios, so it would be a legal install. The Windows 10 media changed its usual install, first warning about a network problem, and then rebooting to an unusual "critical update" "be patient" that took longer than usual. When I only one had a complete install, it was without
the features of negotiating through menu's, so I had to re install. Originally, I thought I had a problem with the CPU needing to be re set, but it was not that. Effects like the CPU is not set right. I have an Intel i5 6600.

The cure, was when I used a WD mechanical hard drive. The "old technology" was not to be superseded by SSD's too quickly back several years ago, but a new Kingston SSD, bought today will work ok.

Somehow, the Windows Corporation, looks up components such as my SSD, and it is in their records to do this with only a SSD of this era.
Is there a fix for this?
anyone with a fixup tip here? I'm kinda https aka ms remoteconnect facing the same issue.

Last edited:
anyone with a fixup tip here? I'm kinda facing the same issue.

SanDisk SSD Dashboard​

Scandisk dashboard installer Sometimes WD dashboard software is hard to install, and needs to have, CCLEANER.EXE fix issues
in your Windows registry or it cannot write to disk as an error message.

WDC-19009 SanDisk and Western Digital SSD Dashboard ...

All brands have a SSD Dashboard or SSD Toolkit, and you can update your firmware if an update is available. Also the programs running
in the background, can be stopped & give a slightly better performance, while you benchmark your build.
Eventually, I tried my ScanDisk SSD in an older HP EliteDesk 800 mini G1, and it did not show any problems, solved my issue
with flying colors the ScanDisk was good.

SSD Manager - Monitor Drive Health and Usage | Kingston​

In my HP EliteDesk 800 mini G2 a Kingston SSD, just worked out that I bought recently and did not need a firmware update yet.
If you have a Samsung, use their Magician Software.

Samsung Magician Software | Samsung V-NAND SSD ...​

Back