Scalper group says it has ‘no regrets’ over reselling 3,500 Playstation 5 consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

Anyone here with dirty thoughts, please repent nd enjoy clean slate. You shall not be seen as gray not once more. Please, I beg of you, cleanse your clothes sparkling white!!

193669003a130fb2ae99ece52b3548b4.jpg

Redeem yourselves!! Forget scalping business! Earn legitimately, let your neighbor's child have a Christmas present this holiday..

Reminds me of complaints about flipping underpriced goods in mmorpg titles. So much entitlement.

If you didn't get one when you wanted one you should have licensed the bot software or stop being poor. if you can't afford $2500 for a PS5 then you don't deserve one and it will go to a better person.
If ever in your life, you can't afford something, regardless of cost, remind yourself that you don't deserve it & you should be a better person. :rolleyes:

Lol needs. I didn’t know PS5 was a necessity. Enough with the self righteous histrionics already. Let them scalp every ps5 ever made, if there are people willing to pay then the market will bear that. If not, they’ll end up returning it and you can go get your badly “needed” console. I love how so many Americans, especially on this forum are pro-capitalist until it affects them or their bullshit concept of ethics. Either you’re a pure unapologetic capitalist (I am) or you are a bullshitter.

Just because it is not a necessity does not make the need not important to some. And I am not an american and do not call me a bullshitter just because my views do not align yours. I am not even on a market for PS5 so this does not even concern me.

Just because it is not a necessity does not make the need not important to some. And I am not an american and do not call me a bullshitter just because my views do not align yours. I am not even on a market for PS5 so this does not even concern me.

Oh ok then your opinion is irrelevant. 😂

It has been going on long before COVID19 and will continue for a lot longer. Look at the growth rate of states like AZ, NV, OR and ID.
The "migration" is from everywhere to the new jobs out west. Cali is still growing fast. Covid has accelerated a City to Suburb trend that was reversing the past few years. It's not a couple Cali and NYC guys going to a couple states. The "Housing Shortage" is nationwide. Hence housing cost have increased all over.

Median price of house in the usa:
https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/research/average-house-price-state/
2017-07-01​
320500​
2017-10-01​
337900​
2018-01-01​
331800​
2018-04-01​
315600​
2018-07-01​
330900​
2018-10-01​
322800​
2019-01-01​
313000​
2019-04-01​
322500​
2019-07-01​
318400​
2019-10-01​
327100​
2020-01-01​
329000​
2020-04-01​
322600​
2020-07-01​
324900​

Was a little bit higher january 01 than July during covid and 2020 has been (for period for which we have data) lower than late 2017. Home sales were much lower in 2020 than 2019 (complication to visit and so on I imagine).

Median price of house in the usa:
https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/research/average-house-price-state/
2017-07-01​
320500​
2017-10-01​
337900​
2018-01-01​
331800​
2018-04-01​
315600​
2018-07-01​
330900​
2018-10-01​
322800​
2019-01-01​
313000​
2019-04-01​
322500​
2019-07-01​
318400​
2019-10-01​
327100​
2020-01-01​
329000​
2020-04-01​
322600​
2020-07-01​
324900​

Was a little bit higher january 01 than July during covid and 2020 has been (for period for which we have data) lower than late 2017. Home sales were much lower in 2020 than 2019 (complication to visit and so on I imagine).
Jesus...Here I am looking to get something in the 200K range. There are nice houses in that range here in Texas, but not for long I'm afraid.

Jesus...Here I am looking to get something in the 200K range. There are nice houses in that range here in Texas, but not for long I'm afraid.
Buy sooner rather than later, ride the wave up as best you can - assuming you're in an area that is appreciating.

My old townhome sold for 200k in 2014. I paid 140k for it in 2008, invested about 20k in improvements.

Listed recently at $345k.

Hats off to modern resellers. Seems more complicated than when I was doing it to put myself through school.
Out of curiosity how is it more complicated? These aren't people camping out and buying as many as possible, they're simply writing scrips or using bots someone else created to hustle the system and buy everything before any human has a chance to... maybe that's the more complicated part? Because then it's turn around and sell them via Craigslist or use ebay, etc.

Materialism and FOMO is the reason scalping is successful. If people were patient and didn’t think they needed to have non-essential things right now then scalping would never exist.

Kind of funny because there's not much to miss out on with a new console. If you wait for units to stay in stock, you're going to have more games to pick from too. Maybe better system software.

Out of curiosity how is it more complicated? These aren't people camping out and buying as many as possible, they're simply writing scrips or using bots someone else created to hustle the system and buy everything before any human has a chance to... maybe that's the more complicated part? Because then it's turn around and sell them via Craigslist or use ebay, etc.
Correct, I consider using scripts more complicated than waiting in a line.

Buy sooner rather than later, ride the wave up as best you can - assuming you're in an area that is appreciating.

My old townhome sold for 200k in 2014. I paid 140k for it in 2008, invested about 20k in improvements.

Listed recently at $345k.

geez guys, don’t post about your house scalping in here, some people will get really upset if they find out you made a profit on it.

:D

Scalping via bots for anything deserves prison sentences.

Though, the people paying the scalpers for something like a ps5 or other item that is still being manufactured and sold by the company making them are almost as bad.

The lack of patience is insane and basically delaying launch dates for things by weeks if not months. Thanks, you idiots who overpay by buying second hand.

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

Anyone here with dirty thoughts, please repent nd enjoy clean slate. You shall not be seen as gray not once more. Please, I beg of you, cleanse your clothes sparkling white!!

View attachment 303337

Redeem yourselves!! Forget scalping business! Earn legitimately, let your neighbor's child have a Christmas present this holiday..

That's exactly the sort of thing and damned communist would say.

the people paying the scalpers for something like a ps5 or other item that is still being manufactured and sold by the company making them are almost as bad.

Who is more to blame, drug dealers or the people who enable drug dealers by giving them money?

That’s an excellent straw man. Illegal addictive chemicals and game consoles. Yeah.

That’s an excellent straw man. Illegal addictive chemicals and game consoles. Yeah.
Home resales and scalping, but put words in my mouth.

That, or highlight the post your addressing instead of ranting into the void.

Scalping via bots for anything deserves prison sentences.

Though, the people paying the scalpers for something like a ps5 or other item that is still being manufactured and sold by the company making them are almost as bad.

The lack of patience is insane and basically delaying launch dates for things by weeks if not months. Thanks, you idiots who overpay by buying second hand.
This happened with almost every console generation in recent memory. PS2 - ebay was hot for a YEAR with them. Xbox 360 - about 3-4 months. Didn't pay attention to PS4/Xbone release... Just the first time it's really hit the video card market, other than the mining craze. Things are worth what the market will bear for them, or so says capitalism.

Happened for years and years with sneakers. Anything that has a limited supply, where demand > supply, there will be middlemen that try and find a profit. At least for now, it's not illegal - but making it illegal opens up a whole can of worms. At what point does being a distributor become synonymous with scalping? Where is the line drawn? Where does profit-taking cross over to scalping?

As for paying for it - I asked this question before. If MSRP is $500, but you can't buy it for that - and someone will sell it to you for $510, is that scalping? What about $520? Where is the line drawn? If I'm willing to pay $10 more than someone else for something (note: I haven't bought a single scalped card this generation), is that illegal? It's not simple black and white, sadly - it's shades of gray. What if I have a limited edition card - something that only 1000 of were made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back