Samsung QD-OLED

Very interesting…. I hope they do a 43” in this. I did try an LG OLED early last year and the text clarity for daily PC work wasn’t great. I’ve since seen that there are some work arounds for the WRGB for better text clarity, but this display looks like it might not have that issue.

Hopefully this is an actual improvement in colors or brightness compared to WRGB. I'm not going to believe a second of these"tests", pure sponsored content.

This price is extremely compelling if this is true given the inclusion of the burn in warranty. $1,300 seems close to what the IPS version of the monitor went for at MSRP. I’m not sure I believe it until it’s available on Dell’s site.

This price is extremely compelling if this is true given the inclusion of the burn in warranty. $1,300 seems close to what the IPS version of the monitor went for at MSRP. I’m not sure I believe it until it’s available on Dell’s site.
Wow.. that is much less then I think most of us were ballparking.
Huh, I mean I would rather have a 42" screen, but if the QD-OLED colors are really that more vibrant then the 42" C2, then maybe this thing will be a good alternative.

I actually want them to focus more on improving MicroLED instead.
This. I will continue to wait for a self-emissive tech that doesn't have burn-in concerns, whatever that may be. mLED, (real) QNED, it doesn't matter. I'm hoping any form of OLED is simply a stepping stone to it that I can skip.

Launching in April… are they pulling an April 1st joke? That seems to good to be true.

Launching in April… are they pulling an April 1st joke? That seems to good to be true.
Apparently Samsung Display (the makers of the display panels) and Samsung Electronics (the sellers of the completed TVs) are fighting about the price of what Samsung Electronics whats to sell the display for. Apparently SSE wants to target only slightly above LG's OLED line in regards to pricing. That sounds unbelievable to me, as most tech reporters were putting the cost of QD-OLED at 2x over LG's OLED line.

Linky

Apparently Samsung Display (the makers of the display panels) and Samsung Electronics (the sellers of the completed TVs) are fighting about the price of what Samsung Electronics whats to sell the display for. Apparently SSE wants to target only slightly above LG's OLED line in regards to pricing. That sounds unbelievable to me, as most tech reporters were putting the cost of QD-OLED at 2x over LG's OLED line.

Linky

Well, if they want to make any inroads on the already-established WOLED lineup (almost a decader of mass-production here), then you need o take the hit on pricing.

Most of the changes will be invisible to the majority of TV buyers (a hard-sell at twice the price!)

I mean, if all you want to do sell as few sets as the Pioneer Kuro did, then that's your business (that's already handled by Sony's coming QD-OLED, so san even tighter market for Samsung)! When LG have entire C-series and A-series lineup to choose from, for Samsung to be successful, you need to take pricing into account!

Last edited:

Linky

Attachments

• A473BDFB-60DA-4C97-A183-46B74B36643C.jpeg
    A473BDFB-60DA-4C97-A183-46B74B36643C.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 0
Back