Samsung OS reinstall

blackbeaSSt

2[H]4U
I have procured two sammy laptops and neither have windows on them. I’ve looked all over but I can’t seem to find a recovery tool (like Dell) or anything to download a stock Samsung image.

Anyone got a link to help a brother out?!

I have procured two sammy laptops and neither have windows on them. I’ve looked all over but I can’t seem to find a recovery tool (like Dell) or anything to download a stock Samsung image.

Anyone got a link to help a brother out?!
If they came with Windows 10 you can just perform an install with media you download from Microsoft and it should work. If it's 8.1 or older you'll need genuine OEM media to pre-activate.

If they came with Windows 10 you can just perform an install with media you download from Microsoft and it should work. If it's 8.1 or older you'll need genuine OEM media to pre-activate.

yeah I got the media creation tool, I was just trying to get it as much back to Samsung stock as possible.
I also don’t know if it came with 8.1 or 10. Any way to find an original build on Samsung’s site?

yeah I got the media creation tool, I was just trying to get it as much back to Samsung stock as possible.
I also don’t know if it came with 8.1 or 10. Any way to find an original build on Samsung’s site?
You can just install a clean copy of windows then download whatever tools and bloatware Samsung apps you want providing the have them available to you.

You can just install a clean copy of windows then download whatever tools and bloatware Samsung apps you want providing the have them available to you.

not so much bloatware I’m looking for, but they are both the “spin” models so I’m not sure windows will pick up the proper drivers/software needed (if any).

granted this is my first experience with Samsung lappys so maybe I’m overthinking how they assemble them!

Just install a fresh copy of Windows and then find the model number and search for the product software/driver page online and download whatever you think you’ll need for your laptop.

not so much bloatware I’m looking for, but they are both the “spin” models so I’m not sure windows will pick up the proper drivers/software needed (if any).

granted this is my first experience with Samsung lappys so maybe I’m overthinking how they assemble them!
It’s a simple process. And whatever windows doesn’t detect, you can most likely find manually on the Samsung website.

It’s a simple process. And whatever windows doesn’t detect, you can most likely find manually on the Samsung website.

yeah I found a Samsung update tool but it says everything is updated from windows. So meh it was a waste.

Run the windows 10 install. Then go to the samsung home page and look up your laptop model from there. They should have all the drivers listed to download or have a tool to automatically detect the driver and install directly. Just make sure you have a windows 10 key.

Samsung driver download - you will need to find your laptop model
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/

Back