Samsung Magician reboots your system automatically AND with no warning

philb2

[H]ard|Gawd
As part of the update for the new version of this software, I switched from standard performance to high performance. I got a message saying that a system reboot was necessary. Fair enough. I thought I could shut down Outlook and other applications and then manually reboot. Well, I was wrong. The system rebooted without any warning while I was reading email with Outlook. Outlook hates being rebooted while running. So now I have to waste time running Scanpst several times.

Thanks loads, Samsung. :mad:

plenty of things require a reboot after install and will immediately reboot when you click ok. this is normal and something you should have experienced since "forever" on PCs...

plenty of things require a reboot after install and will immediately reboot when you click ok. this is normal and something you should have experienced since "forever" on PCs...
I have been around PCs since before DOS (and mainframe software since the days of System 360 MVT), and I agree that some software just reboots without so much as a la-de-da. But in the "modern era" of software, that usually doesn't happen. The typical situation is that at the end of an install (e.g. iTunes) you get a message saying that you need to reboot your system for the new install to take effect.

To me, at least, it's a matter of consideration for the user. I'll make the observation that in general good hardware companies are poor software companies, and the other way around. Of course there are exceptions, for example Apple. Samsung is a great hardware company.

dos didnt have this "issue"...
its always been that if you see the word "rebot" over and "ok" button you save/close youre shit 'cause youre about to reboot. yes, some word it differently but the "rule" hasnt changed.

Back