Samsung Electronics Device Solutions Division head — "We can outperform TSMC within 5 years"

It’s easy to run your mouth. It’s hard to actually do what you say.

Especially with a moving target. Fin-FET is over. TSMC won. But a different battle over carbon nanotubes will likely decide the winners and losers to push past 2nm. So it’s not to say Samsung doesn’t have a chance here. As does Intel. But it’s a lot harder to get ahead of someone that already has a lead. And it’s not as it TSMC is standing still on next gen processes.

No offense to Samsung, and they do have the talent to do this, but I hearken back to when I was an engineering larva, and complained to my mentor about our marketing messages.

He laughed, and recited carefully "Our ideas are WAY better than our competitors products!"

No offense to Samsung, and they do have the talent to do this, but I hearken back to when I was an engineering larva, and complained to my mentor about our marketing messages.

He laughed, and recited carefully "Our ideas are WAY better than our competitors products!"
Well I can only wish Samsung luck TSMC is well in the lead and they are charging a premium for it, Samsung is the only fab currently working with GAA in their active lineup and their failure rates are steadily improving there so it will be very interesting to see what they do with it over the next few years and how the others react.

Looking at Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 vs Apple's A16 Bionic chip benchmark make it sound less ambitious than I thought it was when reading the title

Or as the Nature Boy used to say:

"to be the man, you gotta beat the man"

Good luck with that Sammy....:D

The..
Smartest..
Manufacturing..
Company... at least in recent history anyways !

"5 Years" pfff
in 5 years we can have another pandemic , 2 economic crises and probably a nuclear apocalypse, not holding my breath there.

Maybe samsung is hoping china invades taiwan and then they can win by default.
neva gonna happen, as TSMC would just start dropping a ton of their top-secret, invader-assimilating nanoprobes on the chinoz, and that would be the end of that, and of course, all of mankind, but hey, who's counting anyways :D

Back