Samsung 980 Pro 2TB $279 at Newegg

In for 2, thanks OP

If you have a Chase credit card, don't forget you can get another 5% back by paying with Paypal.

This code only if you pay through zip (quadpay) 15% off for over $100 purchase. YMMV

BFCMPAY4

$280 price is live again at Newegg with promo, great deal! Picked up 2 for my 12900K build.

Are you going to RAID them?
I don’t plan to no, even at 6.5gb/s synthetic benches there’s not much benefit in load times. I’m looking more toward direct storage implementation in games to let these really shine and software RAID0 doesn’t make sense as it’ll rely on the CPU again.

I just have them as 2TB drives and manage which goes on which. Steam on one drive and the other game services (Ubi, b.net, EA, EGS, GOG) on the other.

I picked up two 2tb 970 Evos and one 980 1tb I couldn't stomach the 980 pros price.

Great deal --- but still think you can't go wrong with inland premium :D hahah
I was leaning toward that inland drive but the Samsung was just $5 more after promo code so I bit as well. Going in the PS5 with a cheap Amazon heatsink if they ever ship it out.

I was leaning toward that inland drive but the Samsung was just $5 more after promo code so I bit as well. Going in the PS5 with a cheap Amazon heatsink if they ever ship it out.

That makes total sense - I would go Samsung too if it was only $5 more.

Back