SAMSUNG 970 PRO 512 NVMe TO SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500 NVMe Data Transfer issues

the_real_7

[H]ard|Gawd
Im trying to swap My Old 970 Pro 512 with my new 980 Pro 500 and because of the 12 gb difference I'm having no luck because of partition size .Tried recover my Acronis True Image image backup no luck , tried Acronis True Image Clone no luck , even tried Samsung Migration and no luck , any advice be great ? btw drive is only 10 percent full

Partition size should have no impact on Samsung Data Migration. I've cloned (obviously not full) 2TB drive onto a Samsung 500GB drive without issue using Data Migration. It should adjust the partition size on its own.

This is why I only go with Corsair SSD NVMe, no matter what partition the drives, they can be adjusted till the "go" button lights up.

Samsung Migration, do you see anywhere that the partition can be resized? The origin and destination? In my case, I was able to clone my 500GB WD to my 240GB Corsair MP510 by resizing the origin partition.
Anyway, I'd highly suggest going with Corsair NVMe drives next time. And by the way, I cloned 72GB on the new drive in like 12 minutes, and I didn't have to use an NVMe slot, I just put the NVMe in a card that connected to the PCIex16 slot.
I was gonna use an ASUS Hyper M.2 but those are a pain and have no heatsink.
I have like over 8 Samsung nvme sds and gotta say im super happy with them had every version of a ssd Samsung makes , but love you idea on the pci adpater nvme which one do you have

Partition size should have no impact on Samsung Data Migration. I've cloned (obviously not full) 2TB drive onto a Samsung 500GB drive without issue using Data Migration. It should adjust the partition size on its own.
Man ive been thinking same exact thing as ive never had a issue before , and also the 500gb drive comes up as a 1tb drive. Im switch drives with amazon something isnt kosher here

Man ive been thinking same exact thing as ive never had a issue before , and also the 500gb drive comes up as a 1tb drive. Im switch drives with amazon something isnt kosher here
What is the S/N on the 980 Pro? Was it sold and shipped from Amazon?

Yeah that definitely sounds fishy.

If you are able to, check the Hardware ID for the 500/1000 GB mystery drive in Device Manager, copy it, and do a web search to find out exactly what that drive make/model is.

Back