Samsung 850 Evo 500gb $138 with free Ass Creed

Thank you sir! Good looking out! I missed the black Friday price and just couldn't bring myself to buy one at $160!

I assume you have to be kidding....

I'm not sure if you're referring to the parody post of the name of the game or the fact that it's a 500GB SSD for $138. Either way, if you can show me or anyone else a brand new mid to high range performing 500GB SSD for less, go for it. They offer the 256GB EVO Pro for $118 using the same code but, twice the storage for $20 more, anyone would be crazy to not go for that even if the regular EVO is slightly slower when compared directly to the Pro version.

I snagged the 850 EVO 500GB from Tiger during Cyber Monday for under $100. This seems to be the best offer at the moment though, especially if you sell the games!

The last time I found a SSD to be useful was with Planetside 2 load times.
Assassin Creed isn't a bad series unless you try playing the entire series I'm starting with Assassin Creed III and working my way up.

I seriously read it as Ass Cred. Like street cred....

OP, you're not saving many characters by abbreviating that, and they're relatively inexpensive anyway. Next time just type it out.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the parody post of the name of the game or the fact that it's a 500GB SSD for $138. Either way, if you can show me or anyone else a brand new mid to high range performing 500GB SSD for less, go for it. They offer the 256GB EVO Pro for $118 using the same code but, twice the storage for $20 more, anyone would be crazy to not go for that even if the regular EVO is slightly slower when compared directly to the Pro version.
I had bolded the part saying "Not sure what ASS CREED is" so that is all I was referring to.

I snagged the 850 EVO 500GB from Tiger during Cyber Monday for under $100. This seems to be the best offer at the moment though, especially if you sell the games!

850 EVO 500gb for under $100? First I heard of it.

Also, I friggin miss out on this Adorama deal every damn time.

I wish I had a good reason to buy an SSD outside of saving a minute every two weeks when I restart my PC.

I wish I had a good reason to buy an SSD outside of saving a minute every two weeks when I restart my PC.

many more things are speed up than just boot times but alas i waste my time trying to get people to understand this.

many more things are speed up than just boot times but alas i waste my time trying to get people to understand this.

I can't remember the last time I was waiting on a disk read/write more than a second or two. My RAM is large enough and my prefetch algorithms smart enough that it's pretty rare that HDD speed is an issue.

I can't remember the last time I was waiting on a disk read/write more than a second or two. My RAM is large enough and my prefetch algorithms smart enough that it's pretty rare that HDD speed is an issue.

http://www.vm.ibm.com/devpages/jelliott/evrrt.html

productivity continues to increase the shorter your delay is even at .25s vs .5s let alone +1s delays

1 second delay is actually a massive wait time. Going from regular computer to Tails is very painful even though TOR network ussually loads pages in 1-2s it still is painfully unproductive.

Well honestly for normal day to day usage I see no real difference. An SSD should be the very last thing anyone with a tight budget should worry about IMO.

Well honestly for normal day to day usage I see no real difference. An SSD should be the very last thing anyone with a tight budget should worry about IMO.

its a combination of SSD and single thread performance that makes the big difference in Windows experience (or any program really)

agreed. faster boot into windows, faster map loading. that's it for me personally, based on my usage.

I use SSD for boot (128GB), and 2xHDD (4TB) in Raid 0, for main drive 2xSSD's (500GB) in Raid 0 for my games. :) i do not like loading screens.

DAMMIT.... deal is over.... promo code no longer works. I was going to grab another 500GB for RAID0. Still a bit tempting at $150 though.

Back