Samsung 213T rough review

Justinkoko

Gawd
Ramdom pictures...

213tsam.jpg

1900fp213t.jpg

The comparison of Dell 1900FP and Samsung 213T.
date.jpg

Made in November, Korea.
213tondesk2.jpg

Intro:

My first impression I felt from it was "clean and sleek".
Samsung 213T boasts the best design in its category.
It also sports pivot feature so you can turn the screen around 90 degrees to expand your vertical view area.
Anyway, I bet you all know these basic features it has.
I will go straight into the part you really want to know.
How does it perform in todays hottest games you ask? Let's take a look.

img_1554.jpg

The backlight is not lit evenly. However, doesn't really hinder the viewing experience when playing games or doing any type of 2D works.

Performance:
Jedi Knight Academy
Video 1 Video 2
Video 3

These were recorded with Canon S400 Digicam so quality is not very good.
However in real life I absolutely see no ghosting I can see casually.
I have to concentrate and "look" for ghosting. I don't know why other owners of 213T had ghosting as much as half inch long.
My guess is that newer models have somehow "fixed" that issue. Overall, I think this monitor is superb. The color is vibrant and bright all across the screen.
The response rate was surprisingly much better than what I expected.
Although the price is a little steep(The cheapest place I could find was $1150), as long as you can afford it, I wholeheartedly recommend it for any computer enthusiast.

nice stuff, gotta like koolance, im considering getting one for my iDEQ

Looks good, glad you like your monitor!
Have you tried Half-Life ? That was the biggest offender for me on my 1901FP for ghosting, the rest of the games I tried were fine. I haven't tried Halo or Jedi Knight Academy on it, though.

OT: I have the same desk in a crate in the basement. I'm not going to set it up until next weekend, after I paint my office. Did you get both desks and the corner piece ? My wife's cousin works at a furniture store, and they let me buy it at his discount. Price went from $480 cdn, to $145 cdn. for all 3 pieces He showed me the price list for the salesman for that line. On the cover of the pricelist it said "X3 +20%" !!!! :eek: I'm in the wrong line of work :p

...... man i want that LCD.. i love my 191t but 1280x1024 is getting old :p

I wants the 1600x1200...

i never knew that monitor could rotate like the 2001fp.... is that the same samsung they have on display at bestbuy? if that price was a little lower it definently would have been tough trying to decide between thatt and the 2001fp... i love the silver look on that monitor

Originally posted by FragMagnet
Looks good, glad you like your monitor!
Have you tried Half-Life ? That was the biggest offender for me on my 1901FP for ghosting, the rest of the games I tried were fine. I haven't tried Halo or Jedi Knight Academy on it, though.

OT: I have the same desk in a crate in the basement. I'm not going to set it up until next weekend, after I paint my office. Did you get both desks and the corner piece ? My wife's cousin works at a furniture store, and they let me buy it at his discount. Price went from $480 cdn, to $145 cdn. for all 3 pieces He showed me the price list for the salesman for that line. On the cover of the pricelist it said "X3 +20%" !!!! :eek: I'm in the wrong line of work :p

There is absolutely no ghosting in Counter-Strike. The games that had the most ghosting were Halo and Jedi Knight: Academy. However, like I said before, they are really minimal and does not hinder the playing experience at all. Also, I will make sure to record a movie of Halo or Counter-Strike soon.

niiiice....i might have missed it, but were there any dead pixels?

and "itsSoLarge" (which I doubt it is ;)), what is the ghosting like on the 191T?

Ghosting was much more prevalent on 191T.

Fortunately I couldn't find any dead pixel on 213T. :)

Originally posted by Justinkoko
Ghosting was much more prevalent on 191T.

Fortunately I couldn't find any dead pixel on 213T. :)

is it the same as the 213T?

Grr I have a 21'' CRT and I love it but these lcds get nicer everyday. I'm drooling at the dell one and this one. I'm just like wow. I just figure that I will keep the sony to stay in shape. 80 lbs up and down stairs for lans is good sh!t

Back