Safe adhesive on pcb?

Iratus

[H]ard|Gawd
I had a screw post come free on a threadripper board (zenith ii extreme alpha). I was using the torque driver obviously, but it just snapped off when I put my Optimus block on.

After just living with the warmer cores on a couple of ccds for a year, eventually took my pc apart for something else and sent it in for rma. Got it back, went to remount the cpu again, same thing.

Anyway with Christmas and just general fnaaaarrrr of life atm (took 4 weeks before I even posted the rma) I can’t be bothered returning it again so I’m wondering what’s the strongest adhesive can I use that isn’t going to do funky things to the substrate.

Epoxy bonds well to pcb and plastic ive used it to seal CPU dies before. With that said I'm not sure how strong you need if you keep shearing plastic.

Bit tricky atm as it's on water. It's one of the mount points on the cpu socket that the cooler goes into, I'm just rocking it with 3 pins installed at the moment. Works 'ok' apart from a few cores with higher temperature.

Have work to do so couldn't go through another RMA round this close to the holidays.

With that said I'm not sure how strong you need if you keep shearing plastic.
They're metal pins but they're basically glued on, I assume on all TRX40 boards as it's on the socket but definitely are on the Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Back