S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2: Heart of Chernobyl

I probably shouldn't get that game when it comes out. Gave me ideas last time.
And I sure hope they won't come up with anything more expensive to build than item 62

Attachments

• uh oh.jpg
    uh oh.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 0
Taco keep seeing these, what do they mean?cheeky beggar with russian accent? So confusing..
Its something the NPC's in Stalker say, They usually say it in combat with you. Its become a internet meme and what fans of the game say to each other, over the years.

"AH NU CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE" , translates in English to "one, two, you're on top!" referring to making a king in checkers.

Now, get out of here Stalker!

Jesus, I will HAVE to buy a new system for this. Hoping prices on GPUs come down by then.
Yeah, Im gonna have to get a new CPU & Motherboard for sure. I'm still on a 6700K. If I can't get a graphics card at a reasonable price by then better than a 2070 then I will be for sure upgrading the core components. This game is a MUST play for me.

Agreed. I'm on a 2070ti alienware laptop using a 4k LG 48lx for a monitor and I know I'm not getting the full mileage out of it bc I can't drive it at 120hz with that card. Playing undemanding indie games at 4k works on it but there's no way I can run games like BF2042, STALKER 2, Cyberpunk, or the latest MS Flight SIM on it. But STALKER is my fave game ever so if the sequel lives up to.that pedigree I'll be forced to upgrade to play it.

Is this a direct sequel with a lot of references to past events, or a standalone story?

E8hMs8ZXsAAAVVe?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

This will be the first major UE5 game, and would be a great way to debut the engine. But I don't imagine it will look exceptionally great because they did start on UE4. But should hopefully use some of the new technology for the better.

View attachment 384620

This will be the first major UE5 game, and would be a great way to debut the engine. But I don't imagine it will look exceptionally great because they did start on UE4. But should hopefully use some of the new technology for the better.
I figured it would be UE5 since the devs refused to confirm which version of UE they were using when asked previously... I mean, everything uses UE4 right?

As far as video quality, I'm going to go ahead and doubt anything looks as good as the UE5 demos for some time.

I am more concerned about atmosphere and art style than photorealism per se, and IMO the Stalker games (especially SoC when releaased) have always had that in spades.

I'm sorry guys, after seeing the rubbish environment first game (Morrowwind had a better-designed open world), Then two years later , they had Almost graduated up to Oblivion, I would take any "Super-Sexy New Engine hype with a gigantic Cargo container of Salt..

I'm sorry guys, after seeing the rubbish environment first game (Morrowwind had a better-designed open world), Then two years later , they had Almost graduated up to Oblivion, I would take any "Super-Sexy New Engine hype with a gigantic Cargo container of Salt..

I'm not sure what you're getting at. That they can't do an open world, or UE5 can't do an open world? The engine can, and practically everything is open world now. The first STALKER was rushed, it was their first game, engine was essentially rewritten partway through development, lots of content cut, and it was in an era before open world technology was common. Just a few years earlier a number of games still had obtrusive loading screens in random areas. Like Half Life 2's, which would occur as you naturally walked around the map.

Last edited:
You can believe what whatever you want to about the excuses for the first game, but it still doesn't excuse the same terrible assets two years later

You can believe what whatever you want to about the excuses for the first game, but it still doesn't excuse the same terrible assets two years later
Not sure what you're even saying - STALKER environments are beautiful in their own special way.
Bleak, industrial, and grounded in reality. That's all I want for this next installment.

Christ. I don't want to have to buy a GPU other than my glorified board with some screen interfaces.
I'll just wait a few years, as I have with the first Stalkers.
I rarely install a game, but when I do, I friggin grind the media to bare transparent plastic. Well, back when there were DVDs.

Are you talking about Call of Pripyat? The engine was fairly dated when it came out, but the same can be said for your beloved Elder Scrolls games. Small team, small budget. I didn't expect top of the line graphics.

This game seems to have more experienced developers, funding and a more stable development. I'm assuming that will result in a better game.

I got into the original games only few years ago so I was really late to the party. I loved everything about them even though they are really dated. The game play and mood were great. I'm definitely looking forward to this.

I've tried a collection of the mods after I finished the originals. Yeah they are brutal but fun. There's something about getting through an area where you are almost out of ammo and meds and then to safety. Also nothing is more fun than when you get slashed in the pitch black and don't know where to shoot or getting psych attacked for the first time. I had to change my pants a few times while playing.

They never seemed like rubbish to me
It was quite a mess at launch. I hated the game when it originally came out due to crashing, bugs and performance problems. Waited to play it later and was genuinely impressed, it really ruined games like far cry 2 for me. Going to be disappointed if the new game lacks basic things STALKER had like proper ballistics modeling and instead is just hitscan or lacking mod support.

Get out of here STALKER

Sounds very promising

Let's hope it delivers on its potential unlike some recent releases.

Cheers! A few tidbits there I hadn't heard already.

One thing I hope they steal from the countless mods (at least as an option) is the PDA messages of Zone news.
Getting those updates on who killed who where really brings the whole dynamic A-Life system to life.

I just hope that I can get a graphics card in time to play this game max settings 1440p when it comes out. Something I wasn't able to do on the original Stalker when it released. I don't know if my 2070 will be able to do it.

I just hope that I can get a graphics card in time to play this game max settings 1440p when it comes out. Something I wasn't able to do on the original Stalker when it released. I don't know if my 2070 will be able to do it.
I think my 3070 will be struggling at 5120x1440. :unsure:

It's ok, like all big games, it'll get delayed at least once by some months

Back